Vancouver confirmed - Nov 13 vs Honduras

FootieFool

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick post up with ticket sales.

Was done a little hastily to catch the massive mail out happening shortly.

Let me know if there is anything wrong with it.

The hardcore sections are currently set up as 201 & 202.  With regular supporters section in 252 & 253.

$20 / ticket + a small part of your life force.

They've been great, attended the Duke several times....only great things to say about the bar, staff, etc.

But have we ever tried for a place like Real Sports? Totally different level and atmosphere. If we can manage to get the GM for a real sports to buy in there would be a huge upside to a change. Perhaps even get Umbro and the CSA involved and make it an official event. With all due respect, the two venues are not in the same league.

Raptors play New Orleans on the 13th and there's no way they show Canada over that.

e: totally forgot this is a 10:00 start, it could actually be a thing then (although a 7:30 Raps start means the potential for missing the start of the game if it runs long)

Raptors play New Orleans on the 13th and there's no way they show Canada over that.

e: totally forgot this is a 10:00 start, it could actually be a thing then (although a 7:30 Raps start means the potential for missing the start of the game if it runs long)

"Oh I'm sorry, did you want sound with that game?"

Not really. He seemed relaxed, happy and relatively confident; a good contrast to Benito who looked his usual serious/glum. Tiebert interviews well.

Yeah, I mean I like him generally, but a little part of me died when I noticed he was dressed like he belonged in a boy-band.   Floro's english is very poor, but props for trying I guess.

They've been great, attended the Duke several times....only great things to say about the bar, staff, etc.

But have we ever tried for a place like Real Sports? Totally different level and atmosphere. If we can manage to get the GM for a real sports to buy in there would be a huge upside to a change. Perhaps even get Umbro and the CSA involved and make it an official event. With all due respect, the two venues are not in the same league.

Given that this will be the first game of this stage I think starting smaller might be best. The momentum or interest just isn't there yet for something like Real Sports.

I think it will come down to the Duke vs Scallywags. Some people hate one, other hate the other. I've been to watch many games at both. Both have their strong points. What I will say in favour of the Duke is that I've never seen Scallys get anywhere close to the crowds that the Duke managed for Cuba-Panama-Honduras away in 2012 or Canada-Honduras at Gold Cup 2009. OTOH Scallywags is bigger and has more room for us to grow but on a Friday night we will not be the #1 game.

(transition viewing parties into appropriate section) 

Looking forward tot his match in Vancouver. Sounds like the CSA will be leveraging network/market built for the WWC, will be interesting watch this match executed in comparison to other comparable WCQ else where. Love that they mentioned the roof would be open, I am surprised. I've read else where that the SkyDome is not functional with an open roof at that temp

....I'm in. Looking forward to seeing the ticket information here. I would love more than anything in the world to see Honduras get beat in front of 25,000 pro-Canadian fans...

Our tickets will be $20 all in.

Done!! Tickets bought!  Very cool - looking forward to this.  I pray we start this round off right and serve up some revenge from the last go round.

Hamilton or Ottawa?

Playing Mexico in one of those cities outdoors in March on turf would benefit us more so than them. Even some of our European based players are playing in Scandinavian leagues during that time.

Average temperature in Hamilton in late March is a low of 0 degrees, high of 9 degrees. Yes please.

Keep an eye out for it changing again.  For Vancouver they tend to release more cheap seats as things go on; I was watching closely back in July, and the cheap seats would all vanish, and mostly reappear again a few days later.

I doubt tickets will be cheaper for the March game, given that it's on Good Friday.  (I can't imagine the March game being anywhere else other than BC - unless they want to play in the Big O).

Just a tip - browse anonymously.  Travel search engines plant the cookies and then increase your price the more you search the same destination.

Does anyone know where pre-game pub and/or march will be from?  Want to plan my hotel - $200 or less.

Southsiders tend to march from Doolin's Irish Pub (which is attached to a hotel, as it happens). It offers a nice parade route down Vancouver's main entertainment district. I don't know what will materialize for the national team, however.

Btw, first post here. Hi guys. Funny that "Steve" wasn't taken. I'm just too creative with the username choices.

Quick post up with ticket sales.

Was done a little hastily to catch the massive mail out happening shortly.

Let me know if there is anything wrong with it.

The hardcore sections are currently set up as 201 & 202.  With regular supporters section in 252 & 253.

$20 / ticket + a small part of your life force.

What is the thinking behind separating the supporters section? Don't we want to be all together?

Good article on the announcement and getting support in Vancouver:

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/soccer/weber+canada+soccer+prez+bristles+when+asked+honduras+match/11363506/story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Victor Montagliani was in a dark suit and tie Monday because everyone and their dog at a CSA news conference is always in a dark suit and tie.

But the Canada Soccer president is not your typical suit-and-tie guy. He’s emotional. He’s passionate. And he’s apt to go off-script when rubbed the wrong way.

Hence his response when asked if Canada-Honduras will be a tough sell in Vancouver, a city that hasn’t been acquainted with the men’s national team or its players in 10 years.

Montagliani bristled.

“Only in this country I get asked that question,” he said. “It’s a national team. It’s your country. You shouldn’t be asking those questions. I don’t really care who puts on the jersey. It’s the jersey. It’s the Maple Leaf. And that’s what you are coming to support. You’re not coming out to support a player. This is not club football. And maybe we’re too used to club football in this country. If you can’t support your national team, you’ve got problems.”

By Monday afternoon, the “You shouldn’t be asking those questions,” part was already talk-radio fodder.

But knowing Montagliani, what he really meant was more akin to: “You shouldn’t have to ask those questions.”

National team support, in his mind, is an unwavering thing; the long absence of our national men’s team from the Lower Mainland largely irrelevant to Monday’s announcement.

He expects the lower bowl of B.C. Place, which holds around 27,500 fans, to be full. That’s the goal.

And he and Peter Montopoli, the general secretary of Canada Soccer, didn’t shy away from talk of opening the upper bowl if demand dictated.

Both cited the wild success of the Women’s World Cup here as a positive sign of the potential for theNov. 13 game, and there’s no denying the good work the organizing committee did for that event.

Montagliani also said that the venue for Canada’s home game against Mexico in March will be first and foremost “a technical decision — where the coach wants to play,” which leaves the door open for another World Cup qualifier at the Dome.

Perhaps that’s lip service to Vancouver and the decision will be more dependant on the BMO Field renovations. But if there’s a big crowd for Honduras here and Canada wins, you have to assume the coach and players will have a good feeling about this place.

In general, Montagliani agreed that the men’s national team needs to be known more across the county. He said they want to play more friendlies at home, and spread them around.

He cited Atiba Hutchinson as “probably the greatest player to ever put on a national team (soccer) jersey. The problem is, he’s the best kept secret in Canadian soccer because he’s been playing abroad. He’s a quiet guy. A humble guy.”

On that point, he’ll get little disagreement. But of course there is a connection between seeing Hutchinson, admiring Hutchinson and wanting to watch him play for Canada.

Talk about filling the lower bowl is unrealistic in my opinion. I would be incredibly surprised if that happened.

Also, my understanding of BC Place is that the roof can not be open if it is raining because of the centrally hung video screen. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

Talk about filling the lower bowl is unrealistic in my opinion. I would be incredibly surprised if that happened.

Also, my understanding of BC Place is that the roof can not be open if it is raining because of the centrally hung video screen. Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

You're correct that the roof cannot be opened or closed during rainfall. But I think that's because water could pool in the folds of the fabric and it might rip. The centre screen can be rained upon, and it has been before.

Seriously seats are being sold for $60, $40 and $25!?!? No wonder nobody goes to these games they're way overpriced. In central and South America you can get into the stadium for dirt cheap unless it's a game that's high in demand and last I checked this is not the case with the CSA. This is just price gouging and a deterrence for anyone wanting to go to the game. If they wanted to pack the place they should charge 30, 20, and 10$. Get over yourselves CSA. I love how today these suits don't even try to cater to spectators and have this arrogance that YOU must come to OUR show like you owe it to them. I've seen this attitude with Bettman, Saputo and now CSA.

Seriously seats are being sold for $60, $40 and $25!?!? No wonder nobody goes to these games they're way overpriced. In central and South America you can get into the stadium for dirt cheap unless it's a game that's high in demand and last I checked this is not the case with the CSA. This is just price gouging and a deterrence for anyone wanting to go to the game. If they wanted to pack the place they should charge 30, 20, and 10$. Get over yourselves CSA. I love how today these suits don't even try to cater to spectators and have this arrogance that YOU must come to OUR show like you owe it to them. I've seen this attitude with Bettman, Saputo and now CSA.

Canada isnt south america or central america.... Compare standard of living and average income and the prices make sense.

I dont think the prices are over priced at all. This is canada vs a team that has qualified for the last 2 world cups.

Heck theyre charging $100 cdn to watch canada play a friendly in washington.

These arent price gauging at all.

Im not seeing the csa suits saying "you must come to our game" either.

Edit: forgot to mention the me plus 3 offer. So when you buy 3 tickets you get the 4th free. 25% off your tickets.

Very reasonable

Archived