Vancouver confirmed - Nov 13 vs Honduras

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay I can finally see a WCQ match! :)

Dont worry, im sure the tears and whining coming from Toronto will give lots of wind and rain for the match...

Can we just cut this shit out now?

People in Toronto don't put the games there.

The only thing I hear from people here is wondering if they can make the game.

^ exactly.

I am happy its in vancouver because it will be a short trip for me but it irks me when some left coasters get on with that. Can you just give it a break? You got your game what more do you want? I have no connection with Toronto whatsoever but it really rubs me the wrong way to read comments like that.

Also excited to see CanMNT live.  Just sent a message to co-workers and my Over-40s teammates -- hoping to convince a bunch of them to make a road trip out of it.  There was a lot of red on the ferry over for the CanWNT-England game.  Hope it will be the same for this one.  

Absoultely! If we get a good showing fan-wise and the team enjoys being there and the atmosphere proves to be better than other options and the weather/conditions make it difficult for our opponents then I fully support Vancouver continuing as our stadium of choice.

Yup.

This is a good thing, let's make good things happen.

Only one ask from me, just pack the place with red and white and scream your lungs out. Show that Vancouver can give the MNT a home field advantage. If that is done, this game will be a success. If the team plays in front of 10000 with half the crowd supporting Honduras it will be another 10 years before the next game.

If I can get a cheap flight and hotel, I'll be there.

Tickets on sale 10:00a PDT this Friday on Ticketmaster, $20/$40/$60, discounts for group orders 10+ (-20%), 25+ (-25%), 50+ (-30%) ... any word if there's early access to tickets for Voyageurs? Are the Voyageurs going to do a group ticket deal?

Jamie posted (in the Ghana thread by mistake) that there would indeed be a Voyageurs section. Hold off on buying until Jamie gives people more info.

Surely there are enough V's in Vancouver to host anybody flying in!

If you guys want cheap motels/hotels, there are two that I know that are decent and cheap. One is City Centre Motor Hotel and another one near Kingsway and Tyne, used to be called Ramada Inn. They're both about 10-15 min bus ride to a sky train and then you get off at Stadium Station and walk to BC Place. Most cheap motel/ hotels are in the Burnaby region. after the game, I'm sure Doolin's or Malone's Bar and Grill are great places to have beers and food afterwards.

Edited by nolbertos

There are lots of good bars downtown for pre- and post-game drinks but they're all extremely expensive.  If you're on a budget stay out of downtown and go to a neighbourhood pub for drinks.

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay, there's a Days Inn at 2075 Kingsway which costs $156 for three nights for one person November 12-15.  It's a 20 minute walk from the Nanaimo Skytrain Station.

Forgot to mention, for those Voyageurs on a real tight budget for food, there's a Costco and T & T supermarket that sells hot food nearby Stadium station, about a 5-10 min walking distance, as the food prices in BC Place is very expensive. A Hotdog and drink is 1.99 at Costco and T & T, 3 course combo ranges from $10-12 bucks. You get decent sIzed meals.

Edited by nolbertos