Benny vs. Phillip

Lord Bob

WTF is wrong with you people? 

Seriously?  Benny's?  No.

(By the by, machinist's wife at work tramped across Europe this past summer with her lady friends and packed along a garden gnome for display in all their pics.  I swear to crap if I win the lotto I'm taking my Vs scarf to every 3rd world shit-hole sponsor following Canada just for the laugh.  Legend I tell yee, legend).

So who out there can say they've both listened to the St. Vincent radio broadcast and this Belize stream?  I realize there is probably no way to prove it, and like Woodstock, many more will claim they were part of it than actually were.  Then again, maybe not - who would really want to admit to this kind of insanity?

Anyway, I watched/listened to both matches.  When Canada one day qualifies again for the World Cup, we can wear this badge of honour with pride.  :)

Jason

So who out there can say they've both listened to the St. Vincent radio broadcast and this Belize stream?  I realize there is probably no way to prove it, and like Woodstock, many more will claim they were part of it than actually were.  Then again, maybe not - who would really want to admit to this kind of insanity?

Anyway, I watched/listened to both matches.  When Canada one day qualifies again for the World Cup, we can wear this badge of honour with pride.  :)

Jason

Quite a few of us expressed our Anger and Emotions on the thread in question ;) Badge of Honor, Eh?

I gotta go Benny's.

Not only did they write their own song, they had another with LL cool J "doing it" in the ad.

If you can use the raunchiest sex song from my junior high days to sell me steel, air conditioners and so many other things they haven't mentioned yet, you win the internet.

Philip's is close for nostalgia (it was first) and its mystery (where is Lower Middle Street?  Where is this Library?  Does it even exist?  Has anyone tried the phone number?  Surely no one could make all those different kinds of bakery products?…)

Benny's wins it for me though for sheer over the top self-deluded grandeur.  The song, the stampede, not to mention the beautiful consistency with Madbull and Maestro's defiant confidence (Belize apparently have infinite talent) -- it was a symbiotic package of awesome.

I cannot decide, Benny's or Phillips, but I am damn sure I want every single Canadian play by play class in journalism school to use the audio of how to call a game. In fact we should just get the two guys too do broadcasts for Voyageurs TV given the CSA has abandoned the broadcast field, ten bucks should get the rights...then get honest Ed's to make a Benny's like commercial.

Benny's has catchy songs, can be found on Google Maps and has so many things they haven't mentioned yet (always leave them wanting more), but Philip's has sweet delicacies and is near a library. So Philip's narrowly. Neither one has a football in the groin, though Benny's does give away $10,000 apparently.