Belize-Canada Sept 8 Pre-Game

Unnamed Trialist

If they do get a goal that would be a major disapointment. If Floro's system can't keep a clean sheet against a minnow might aswell give up now.

Depends if you get up a few and the coach decides to try a few new things, like sending mids and outside backs into the attack--then you can risk a goal against on a counter, because you have to try certain tactical shifts somewhere. 

Man, zero movement off the ball. It's pass, jog, point, repeat.  Plus... Larin is not the guy to have in if you're going to lob it deep over and over.

Larin has been subpar for one game and a half so far. Actually, we are doing a really poor job at holding the ball up and we'll need to be better in that regard in the next round.

We didn't look like we cared whether we won or not.

I think the most telling sign of that was when we had Ledgerwood taking set pieces in good spots consistently, that was really odd with Johnson and De Jong on the pitch.  It was like "Hey, I won the free kick.  I'll just float it aimlessly to one of the 2 guys in the box against 6" like it was Sunday league.

What happened to our quick set pieces and trickery that Floro had us playing with in friendlies?  We've become horrible on set pieces all of a sudden, it's so odd.  

Archived