Canada-Belize (R)

Blackdude

Borjan!! Save of the year

Yup... in the same game as he gave up a goal by coming off his line to punch a cross and missed, and was extremely lucky not to give up a second rushing out after another ball. That's Borjan though. Extremely talented shot stopper, but does high risk plays that often don't come off and cost his team goals. Been watching him for 4 years waiting for him to develop some brains to go with his raw talents, and it really just doesn't seem to be happening. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of the guy and how he wears his heart on his sleeve, his drive and fighting spirit, and his resiliency through some shitty club situations, but IMO just as likely to win us a game as loose us a game. I really wish he'd sort that out, or that we had a better option.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup... in the same game as he gave up a goal by coming off his line to punch a cross and missed, and was extremely lucky not to give up a second rushing out after another ball. That's Borjan though. Extremely talented shot stopper, but does high risk plays that often don't come off and cost his team goals. Been watching him for 4 years waiting for him to develop some brains to go with his raw talents, and it really just doesn't seem to be happening. Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of the guy and how he wears his heart on his sleeve, his drive and fighting spirit, and his resiliency through some shitty club situations, but IMO just as likely to win us a game as loose us a game. I really wish he'd sort that out, or that we had a better option.

his distribution was atrocious, cost us a goal and he was lucky it didnt cost us 2 more.  i think he played his way onto the bench with that performance.

No one wants overzealous security, however I strongly suggest that you look up what Ultra culture around the world really is, and why it's not looked at kindly here. Smoke bombs are a direct way to replicate flares, which have killed people.

Ultra culture has no place in north america, and neither do flares, which is what smoke bombs are trying to replicate. People were throwing beer at security and someone here is suprised that they got their backs up? Seriously?

We live in Canada. BMO is not a South American or European stadium, and thank god for that. If you're acting like a jackass you can and will get your ass tossed. It doesn't matter if you're the president of some fan club. Period.

One always hears opponents of smoke and flares claiming they kill people but where is the evidence of that? Do you have examples you can reference? There are hundreds if not thousands of games every week worldwide in which flares are used without injuries let alone deaths.

Just not ready.

In all seriousness, did you see the interview after the match with Cyle?  He looks snake-bit.  I hope someone influential and close to him helps him give his head a shake and regain that swagger, whether we call in OO or not.  Cyle needs to score a couple soon, either for us or for Orlando.  

Less seriously, maybe we could synthesize a Madbull and Maestro confidence serum and give it to all the players.  I bet you can pick some up at Benny's.  It's probably one of the things they not mention yet.

One always hears opponents of smoke and flares claiming they kill people but where is the evidence of that? Do you have examples you can reference? There are hundreds if not thousands of games every week worldwide in which flares are used without injuries let alone deaths.

LOL at soccerfancan (that Grizz was responding to).  Presumably we should stop chanting as it vaguely resembles a war cry, and wars kill people.

I have serious concerns with our group of three up front--are we really going to start Ricketts and Issey as support for Larin up front in these November games? If so, I am not optimistic about our chances of creating chances let alone scoring. Larin has been a disappointment primarily in that he gets no service.

Ricketts--yeah he scores from time to time but did he do anything last time in Round 4? I keep going back to that chance he had down in San Pedro Sula in 8-1 early on when the ball came to him in front alone and he just botched it with a wooden touch. To me, that is Ricketts, very limited in skill other than being somewhat fast.

I am stumped as to how, with our personnel, we can expect to get the goals necessary to take care of Honduras and El Salvador next round.

Obviously, Akindele might be an option up front out wide. But what about Teibert and Osorio out wide? Could one or two of those guys work out wide up front? Is there anyone else who might work? Or is Floro really going to trot out the same wingers?

I have serious concerns with our group of three up front--are we really going to start Ricketts and Issey as support for Larin up front in these November games? If so, I am not optimistic about our chances of creating chances let alone scoring. Larin has been a disappointment primarily in that he gets no service.

Ricketts--yeah he scores from time to time but did he do anything last time in Round 4? I keep going back to that chance he had down in San Pedro Sula in 8-1 early on when the ball came to him in front alone and he just botched it with a wooden touch. To me, that is Ricketts, very limited in skill other than being somewhat fast.

I am stumped as to how, with our personnel, we can expect to get the goals necessary to take care of Honduras and El Salvador next round.

Obviously, Akindele might be an option up front out wide. But what about Teibert and Osorio out wide? Could one or two of those guys work out wide up front? Is there anyone else who might work? Or is Floro really going to trot out the same wingers?

I am with you on this and I mentioned yesterday I do believe this is what is going to cause us problems in the next round. Larin is young and relatively raw in many areas of his game but has significant upside. Just don't think right now he can create for himself and his hold up play isn't where it needs to be. As a result Occean may be worth a look but most likely Larin is our best option with our player pool.

I don't see Issey as the answer and no matter who we go with our strikers will need better service to score. I would like Teibert/Osorio to get a chance and think it could work but it looks like Ricketts will be a staple of Floro's XI and probably Akindele lining up on the other side if I had to guess at the moment. The only other options is if someone that's not in our player pool is made available to us. Let's also not forget only the first two games of the next round of qualifying are in this year with the other four games being played in March and September 2016. This might give some younger attacking players like Bustos, Petrasso, Boakai, Fisk, Aleman, Hamilton and whoever I'm missing some solid first team football in the meantime hoping they'd be ready for 2016 to help the senior national team. 

Is there someone (two ppl) that we have that could be a goal threat and also provide some service to Larin? It seems to be what we need to jump start our attack.

Larin and Ricketts hold up play doesn t help the build up phase of our game. It´s tough to create chances when your front 3 is doing a poor job at keeping the ball.

Respectively Keegan, I don't think that you know what Ultra culture is. Please google and Wikipedia it. By definition "Ultra" means that its incredibly intense. The word supporter on the other hand would be very appropriate. The word Ultra hasn't been given a bad name, it in fact is a bad name when applied like this. I'm a HUGE supporter of just about every national Canadian team, but when people (men) take sports teams WAY too seriously there's a problem there.

It's a bunch of guys playing a game. That's it. We get that here in North America (except for maybe Philly ;) ) and quite frankly, they don't in Europe and South America. Soccer's a great game, but the fan culture is most of the soccer world is undeveloped, immature, and quite frankly stupid. I've seen it. I've lived it. I'm proud as hell to see kids, women, and whoever wearing Red Sox gear at a Jays game, or an Ottawa jersey at a Leafs game etc. We have accountability in our stadiums and I'm damn proud of it. Yes....it's superior. Yes, it's better than soccer culture.

I love that there are support groups who bug the players, sing, cheer, and make a big impact on the game. Just stop trying to take the %$#@ elements from a culture that has ZERO place here. Take your stupid smoke and go light it off in your garage with your buddies. People pay the same money as you to watch a game and some stupid ultra wannabies blowing smoke in their face is ridiculous.

Respectively Keegan, I don't think that you know what Ultra culture is. Please google and Wikipedia it. By definition "Ultra" means that its incredibly intense. The word supporter on the other hand would be very appropriate. The word Ultra hasn't been given a bad name, it in fact is a bad name when applied like this. I'm a HUGE supporter of just about every national Canadian team, but when people (men) take sports teams WAY too seriously there's a problem there.

It's a bunch of guys playing a game. That's it. We get that here in North America (except for maybe Philly ;) ) and quite frankly, they don't in Europe and South America. Soccer's a great game, but the fan culture is most of the soccer world is undeveloped, immature, and quite frankly stupid. I've seen it. I've lived it. I'm proud as hell to see kids, women, and whoever wearing Red Sox gear at a Jays game, or an Ottawa jersey at a Leafs game etc. We have accountability in our stadiums and I'm damn proud of it. Yes....it's superior. Yes, it's better than soccer culture.

I love that there are support groups who bug the players, sing, cheer, and make a big impact on the game. Just stop trying to take the %$#@ elements from a culture that has ZERO place here. Take your stupid smoke and go light it off in your garage with your buddies. People pay the same money as you to watch a game and some stupid ultra wannabies blowing smoke in their face is ridiculous.

All of this from a two month old account that has 5 posts all bashing ultra culture. You seem like an outsider trying to tell other people how to cheer. This is definitely in poor spirits. Add on that the ultra culture has caused no real trouble at BMO field other than a smoke bomb thrown on the field by someone (like you) who does not want smoke bombs. I agree everyone can make an effort to make sure the smoke is not too intense as to cause health problems and try to make sure people are aware where this will happen.

• 1 year later...

I was just doing some reminiscing and found this news story. Great job Canadian Voyageurs Propaganda Machine! 

Still think these guys should get a trial w TSN or be invited to do a VCup game or something. Start up a Go Fund Me page for their plane tickets, incidentals and perdium. 

11 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

I was just doing some reminiscing and found this news story. Great job Canadian Voyageurs Propaganda Machine! 

Still think these guys should get a trial w TSN or be invited to do a VCup game or something. Start up a Go Fund Me page for their plane tickets, incidentals and perdium. 

Great find - those guys are awesome..."internet sensation"!

Archived