Terran Campbell

Dub Narcotic

12 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I hope we keep him for another season. He’s really only taken off in the last 10 games or so, and I think we could ask a lot more for him if he proves it over a longer time frame. And we don’t really have a replacement for him

It's interesting because this reminds me so much of discussion about what the Caps should do with Haber after his breakthrough season with the USL club at Swangard, playing in tandem with Gbeke iirc.

• 2 weeks later...

He couldn't really help his team today against Cavalry. He got his pk goal which is good for him, but I was not particularly impressed with his overall performance today. Mind you, none of the Pacific players had a strong game. Cavalry is definitely the class of the league.

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

He couldn't really help his team today against Cavalry. He got his pk goal which is good for him, but I was not particularly impressed with his overall performance today. Mind you, none of the Pacific players had a strong game. Cavalry is definitely the class of the league.

Yeah, he’s done it with limited service at times this season. He keeps finding ways to score though. Also, he’s scoring against the better teams. 5 of the 9 were against Calgary and Forge, and that’s the first that wasn’t from open play

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Blockbuster news (in CPL terms) but he's left Pacific FC to join Forge along with Alessandro Hojabrpour.

https://pacificfc.canpl.ca/article/thank-you-terran-campbell-and-alessandro-hojabrpour

The best part is the shade at them thrown by Kah. Says Campbell could have gone to a higher level but chose to be comfortable.

36 minutes ago, ted said:

Well I agree with the Soccer Snobs whose podcast with Jamar Dixon I just listened to today. Hojabrpour should have made a move upwards, not sideways.

Both players came through an era of the Whitecaps academy where I know the accusation of a lot of the prospects was that they were too content, and weren't willing to work hard enough to progress.  That is the one thing I wonder about so many of the WFC2 players now ending up in the CPL - how many of them *really* want to progress onwards, and how many of them are quite content to just play at that level where they maybe don't have to exert themselves quite as much.

15 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

Both players came through an era of the Whitecaps academy where I know the accusation of a lot of the prospects was that they were too content, and weren't willing to work hard enough to progress.  That is the one thing I wonder about so many of the WFC2 players now ending up in the CPL - how many of them *really* want to progress onwards, and how many of them are quite content to just play at that level where they maybe don't have to exert themselves quite as much.

Hard to tell but just a little bit of exertion likely doubles their wages in most other leagues. 

21 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Hard to tell but just a little bit of exertion likely doubles their wages in most other leagues. 

People saying that both players had Europe and MLS interest, but even if only MLS was interested it makes no sense to join another CPL team. Unless they're getting an MLS-level wage, but then one really has to wonder how Forge can afford it.

MLS interest could simply be a training camp invite and interest from Europe could easily also be on a short tryout somewhere like the Swedish second tier. What would you do if the Forge says here's a better contract than you had with Pacific for all of 2022 with an option for 2023, you better sign now or we'll be looking elsewhere...

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

MLS interest could simply be a training camp invite and interest from Europe could easily also be on a short tryout somewhere like the Swedish second tier. What would you do if the Forge says here's a better contract than you had with Pacific for all of 2022 with an option for 2023, you better sign now or we'll be looking elsewhere...

Young player of the year and the finalist… make no mistake they held the cards.

I agree that Terran is a great prospect and I'd think he could find a Scandinavian 2nd tier contract. But you need the agent, some resources, and some clear idea of a path. 

Signing for Forge: at least your merit is being recognized by a rival. I suppose they raise the wage (but what, 30k to 40k?).

In general: yes, a mostly lateral move. 

10 hours ago, jonovision said:

People saying that both players had Europe and MLS interest, but even if only MLS was interested it makes no sense to join another CPL team. Unless they're getting an MLS-level wage, but then one really has to wonder how Forge can afford it.

Players must be leaving.  Rumour is Babouli is heading out. 

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

I personally found Baboulli and Welshman to be incredibly wasteful and frustrating to watch. I expect that Campbell will be near the Golden boot leaders this year given the service that will be provided. The only reason I don't like this signing is that ot takes away playing time from Paceus.

I agree.  They had their moments but they also were quite wasteful with the ball.

As a Forge fan I love the move obviously because Campbell is an upgrade over them, and over Paceus.  But I have to admit I had hoped Campbell could translate his play into an international transfer.

13 hours ago, ted said:

Well I agree with the Soccer Snobs whose podcast with Jamar Dixon I just listened to today. Hojabrpour should have made a move upwards, not sideways.

I don’t understand this move for the players and I hope they find a new agent in Ontario. Both deserved a better move if anyone in CPL does, but Peak has only managed to move players laterally or backwards and it seems they’re burning bridges for their players 

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I don’t understand this move for the players and I hope they find a new agent in Ontario. Both deserved a better move if anyone in CPL does, but Peak has only managed to move players laterally or backwards and it seems they’re burning bridges for their players 

Is Bobby’s brother not an agent? This could be them leaving Peak to go to him. They’ve been successful moving players to Europe.