Terran Campbell

Dub Narcotic

• Born and raised in Burnaby, BC
  • 82 appearances and 25 goals for Whitecaps FC Residency in USSDA
  • Five appearances for Canada at 2015 CONACAF U-17 Championship

Campbell, 16, made his WFC2 debut as an academy call-up on July 31, coming on as a substitute in a 3-0 road win at Tulsa Roughnecks FC.

With Whitecaps FC U-16 and U-18 Residency teams, Campbell has started 63 of his 82 appearances and scored 25 goals over the past three seasons. This past season, the Burnaby, BC native scored 10 goals in 11 matches with the U-16 squad, adding another three goals while playing 22 matches for the U-18 team.

While representing his country, Campbell appeared in five matches for Canada at the 2015 CONCACAF U-17 Championship tournament. Previously, Campbell was also called up to Canada’s U-15 national team.

Winger/forward, signed with VWFC2 today.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2019 at 12:44 PM, Aird25 said:

I laughed last night when the OneSoccer panel said Campbell needed to get stronger. Especially after he bullied his way to another headed goal. 

OneSoccer commentary has a problem that is starting to grate: they pay far more attention to Ontario teams, sometimes inordinately so (hanging around York9 training by their own admission), and then make peripheral, and often ignorant comments about certain other teams. One week review maybe two weeks back literally spent 2% of the time on Pacific, it was the least commented team by far. And often is, week in, week out. 

They seriously need to hook up--literally, live-- with reporters in other locations who are not sitting on their butts in Toronto, where there is no CPL team and they are drifting into parochial manners after only 3 months.

That Oliver whatever is a total dud, says nothing of interest, is boring as anything, and for me is taking up the spot of someone with a better connection to Canadian soccer--say Dunfield, much better.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

OneSoccer commentary has a problem that is starting to grate: they pay far more attention to Ontario teams, sometimes inordinately so (hanging around York9 training by their own admission), and then make peripheral, and often ignorant comments about certain other teams. One week review maybe two weeks back literally spent 2% of the time on Pacific, it was the least commented team by far. And often is, week in, week out. 

They seriously need to hook up--literally, live-- with reporters in other locations who are not sitting on their butts in Toronto, where there is no CPL team and they are drifting into parochial manners after only 3 months.

That Oliver whatever is a total dud, says nothing of interest, is boring as anything, and for me is taking up the spot of someone with a better connection to Canadian soccer--say Dunfield, much better.

I wish OneSoccer would hire someone that understood and cared about soccer out west. Campbell was signed as a winger but they keep questioning his ability outside of the 6 yard box. Despite consistent contribution in hold up and build up play. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Totally agree on Oliver Platt.  We get it - this isn’t your dream league but quite honestly you’re only on the panel for your accent.  He literally always sounds/acts like it’s his first CPL game and he’s giving initial observations.  Like he was brought over from Sky sports as a guest for one match. 

He never worked for Sky did he? Like anyone on tsn or sportsnet, they have to a point robbed a living being average at best due to the privilege of a British accent and likely at the expense of many fantastic Canadian journalists not given a look in. Lots of said journalists have worked hard and earned respect and a living (don't want to knock hard work and commitment there) but for the most part its a different ball game in comparison to pundits and journalists that have been in the game and worked at the highest levels. 

I would certainly like to see more variance in guests. 

12 hours ago, toontownman said:

He never worked for Sky did he? Like anyone on tsn or sportsnet, they have to a point robbed a living being average at best due to the privilege of a British accent and likely at the expense of many fantastic Canadian journalists not given a look in. Lots of said journalists have worked hard and earned respect and a living (don't want to knock hard work and commitment there) but for the most part its a different ball game in comparison to pundits and journalists that have been in the game and worked at the highest levels. 

I would certainly like to see more variance in guests. 

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Apart from Platt, for me the dullest of all, I am fine with the guys they have. 

They could pick up a few Latinos or people who are not from British stock, I am surprised they have bought into the BS where an accent from the UK makes mundane workaday comments seems "intelligent". 

We are Canada, bring in a 4 personal panel (prolly to expensive), but imagine... 

French, Latino, British accents with a 3rd-5th generation Canadian as the regular host.

I'd watch that panel non stop, I bet it would be so entertaining, there would be so many subtle criticsm of cultural playing style also.  As long as they are competent they SHOULD all have some interesting and various interpretations as well. Would  be pretty cool I think and as a fan, it's also nice hearing various pundits opinions.  

Anyways maybe one day :).

Edited by apbsmith

• 3 weeks later...

Might as well bump this thread. First player to hit double figures in goals (oh Cavalry you were so close) in the CPL.

This article is maybe taking it a bit far but he deserves the love. 

https://www.prosoccerusa.com/in-depth/pacific-fc-terran-campbell-canadian-hulk-caps-2019/

IF the coaching staff can help him improve (he certainly has time on his side) he could yet revive an MLS career.  Also deserves a call up to our next U23 Camp, U23 Friendlies, U23's if they ever meet again. 

5 minutes ago, Shway said:

The USA should give him a look, we are deep at the forward position for him to warrant a look. s/ 

We are deep at forward??  We have some good forwards finally, but depth??  Oh boy...Cavallini's wife has another baby, Larin gets injured and where are we??   And shame on you for suggesting USA, booooo!!!!!! 

With his youth, performance and physical attributes I’m sure a club in Europe is going to want to take a look at him.

He’s probably a lock for the U23 team and with a goal or 2 internationally I wouldn’t be surprised to see the new Canadian-Belgium connection in action and someone from that league taking a shot at him.

He isn't scoring for fun or standing out as the leagues best player imo, but he works hard and it has paid off so far. Stats don't lie and being top scorer in the league if he stays that way will be a great achievement.

I have been impressed with his quick feet and thought he was shorter than he is. I am sure some clubs will cast an eye over him  like you say, especially given his age and there is potential there. Not getting super excited over him, I am super happy for his success though.

19 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

With his youth, performance and physical attributes I’m sure a club in Europe is going to want to take a look at him.

He’s probably a lock for the U23 team and with a goal or 2 internationally I wouldn’t be surprised to see the new Canadian-Belgium connection in action and someone from that league taking a shot at him.

I hope we keep him for another season. He’s really only taken off in the last 10 games or so, and I think we could ask a lot more for him if he proves it over a longer time frame. And we don’t really have a replacement for him