KidCanada

Jayson Leutwiler

Do you think that Blackburn is shopping him for a transfer out?

Or maybe trying to see if he could be their no. 1, at a lower salary than Raya, and get a richer transfer for Raya?

Considering a year ago he was at Shrewsbury, this is a nice step up if he can get minutes.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Or maybe trying to see if he could be their no. 1, at a lower salary than Raya, and get a richer transfer for Raya?

Considering a year ago he was at Shrewsbury, this is a nice step up if he can get minutes.

Raya is still seen as they’re number one for next year but if I remember correctly, the manager wants more competition at the position so I think he wants a good look at Leutwiler to see if he can be that competition or if he has to go look elsewhere. It’s Important to note that Raya is young, came through the academy at Blackburn and was in the League One team of the year when they promoted so even though he struggled this year, they will be patient with him (I think).

Doesn't matter why he's getting minutes, he's getting them! That alone makes him a clear option for #3 goalkeeper at the Gold Cup unless some other reasons come in play. 

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

His contract is up at the end of this season, so probably the latter

Posted (edited)

He should go play in the Scottish premiership, he would stand out! Maybe Austrian Bundesliga, or in his native Switzeland. Would love to see him in Ligue 2 as well, He speaks German and French so both are natural fits, in my view until we have a young GK coming through the ranks with active professional minutes, behind Borjan and Crepeau is Leutwiler

Average Salaries in the English Championship are like £4,000 per week, his contract expires June 30. The club has the option not him, for the sake of his own career, he should leave Blackburn and become a starter elsewhere. It all depends what he prioritizes, playing time or financial stability.

Edited by Blackjack15