Rankings

Vic

First - a disclaimer.  Beyond coaching employment, rankings are pretty useless.  What is important is seeing kids all over the country have a future to aspire to beyond the national team, and I couldn't care if we dip to the #103 our men are at to get there.

What's important is performing well when it matters, and in women's soccer that's the World Cup and Olympics.  And your ranking ain't worth a pair of clean socks when it comes to that.

That out of the way...

Canada falls three spots and out of the top 10 and goes to #11.  

The only worse mover in the top 100 was Spain who just had a player revolt and forced a coaching change.

England up to 5, Australia to 9, and Norway into the top 10.

So much for the Herdman experiment....it seems.

Of course there will be no change as long as the Kook-Aid Drinkers are making decisions.

Certainly not because we lost a quarter-final to one of the best teams in the tournament who should have been in the final.

He's a very bright guy and we're lucky to have him.  He also gave up a lot to stay here.  So far he's had two majors, one amazing one and one average one.  He's also diligent.  Give him time.

I think the results at the PanAm games hurt our ranking.  So, I wouldn't be too alarmed by the drop.

It has nothing to do with PanAm games because a) the most recent rankings were unveiled before the PanAm Games B) Canada officially sent a B-team so their ranking won't count towards their rankings.

So, it's solely based on the World Cup and drawing teams like the Dutch and New Zealand hurt our ranking a lot.

The Germans were #1 ranked, didn't do them much good.  Same for the French at #3.  They went out in the quarters too.

None of our problems will be fixed until we have a functional system that leverages everyone in the country (players, coaches, staff, etc).  The NSO/PSO model does not develop enough quality players to produce the talent bandwidth required and it doesn't enable/employ all our resources.

Our ranking is unimportant.  Our inability to empower people across the country to produce elite women is the real issue.

Certainly not because we lost a quarter-final to one of the best teams in the tournament who should have been in the final.

He's a very bright guy and we're lucky to have him.  He also gave up a lot to stay here.  So far he's had two majors, one amazing one and one average one.  He's also diligent.  Give him time.

Interesting why are we lucky to have him ?? how did he do any better than Morace ? Given the easy group compared to 2011,

And honestly what did he give up to stay here , to have this great job paid Great $$ and where the expectations are set so low .he should of done the honourable thing and resigned as he did not and has not accomplished anything of significance to date

Two majors, a bronze in one and a quarter in the other (outed by a great team that took out Norway and Germany and should have taken out Japan).  And that bronze was our best performance ever.  Most successful Canadian coach to date.

Vic , if they didn't have the easy draw they would have never made the Qtr ,everyone on here can admit that .....on the bronze how do,u give him credit as he was only in 6 months into the program ? The Olympics is not the WC , his result this major was simpling given to them by Fifa

at best , the man is a talker , salesman and if you want a motivator though far from a Coach and a developer of the game .

The CWNT was a shambles after the 2011 World Cup debacle.  Fielding a confident, functioning team at the qualifiers and then the Olympics was a miracle of coaching.  The fact that he did it 6 months into the program is more to his credit.  I think that people are forgetting just how bad the crisis was back then.

The CWNT was a shambles after the 2011 World Cup debacle.  Fielding a confident, functioning team at the qualifiers and then the Olympics was a miracle of coaching.  The fact that he did it 6 months into the program is more to his credit.  I think that people are forgetting just how bad the crisis was back then.

I will play , so 6 months he is a miracle coach , what happened after that with 3 years 6 months under his belt and fail as let's be honest if they drew the same group of 2011 nothing would be different as then except the coach held herself responsible .This one found the perfect gig within the CSA , and before you respond ,talk to his x kiwi players

What happened is that no goal scorers turned up.  We're competitive in all other parts of the pitch, but can't seem to produce any goal poachers.  I have no idea how we would go about producing some of those.  How do you successfully produce world-class goalkeepers, defenders and midfielders, but fail in producing productive forwards?  I doubt that it's down to general incompetence of the head coach.

And, again, you are completely ignoring that the team was broken at the end of the 2011 World Cup.  You seem to believe that they were just going to continue on as before all on their own, and that Herdman didn't have to do a thing.

Should be interesting to see how the Herdman experiment continues to unfold. Like that he's giving the youngins a chance sooner rather later. Especially with so many 'Pending' retirements. Herdman has really changed the teams mindset. Hope things work out. goal scprong is def a cause for concern.....

Archived