Olivier Occean

I believe you call the best players you got and those also that are in form. He should get a call it never hurts to create competition. Within the camp and should also give different options for games anyways. Plus maybe he will teach some of the youngsters some stuff and advice about Europe.

He definitely deserves to be called but here's my question: do we even know that OO would accept a call up? Has anyone asked Floro if OO is interested in a return to the MNT?

Only one way to find out.

Call him. See if hes in for septemeber.

Floro would be doing the program a diservice if he didnt at least call him up and see if he accepts.

If he declines, thats unfortunate. Hopefully not the case but if he does decline we will move on without him.

Would love to see him in camp though.

He definitely deserves to be called but here's my question: do we even know that OO would accept a call up? Has anyone asked Floro if OO is interested in a return to the MNT?

I've been asking this question for a long time. Maybe with OO pulling some nice numbers in Norway some journalist will ask Floro about OO...

And for the record, he deserves a call based on his current form and I really don't get why so many V's are finding poor excuses not to call him (too old, Norway, we have Larin, etc.). What do we have to lose?

NOT ONLY CALL UP BUT TO GET IN THE STARTING 11 

LETS BURY THE HATCHET THERE

i can see  CANADA PLAYING  HIM and Larin up front,   Occean moving around,  and Larin there  with  HUTCHINSON-WILL JOHNSON in center midifeld

AND TEIBERT BETWEEN THE FORWARDS AND MIDS! BRING BACK BRIAN BUDD (RIP) AND CARL VALENTINE...3-2-1-4 FORMATION.

Next time I have an audience with him, I will.

Good man squizz! I really want to know what Floro thinks of both Olivier and also Wandrille (now that he can play for us). Questions about those two would be swell!

Just in case you hadn't noticed, the previous thread is here. We talked about him a fair bit about two weeks ago:

http://www.thevoyageurs.org/index.php?/topic/27289-olivier-occean/

Occean's Odds have drawn Borussia Dortmund in the playoff qualifying round of the Europa League. I really hope somehow this is televised in Canada. Would love to see him up against Hummels and Sokratis.

Should be able to get it on Sportsnet World Now on streaming. Also will be able to get a stream somewhere online.

Why? TSN has the rights to the Europa League.

Sportsnet World Now claims to have Europa League also:

http://watch.sportsnet.ca/world/howtosubscribe.jsp

Not sure if they have them all.

Edit: But looking at this past week schedule games they have available for replay it does not have Europa League. So maybe will not have a lot. I guess "other" streaming will have to do.

Edited by Ruffian

TSN & RDS have Europa league rights as of summer 2015. And they will give some matches (they term it significant number) to beIN.

Sportsnet has been giving up rights all over the place to pay for NHL rights. Sportsnet World will now only have some EPL matches, some CONCACAF CL, some SPL  and some Bundesliga along with Southern hemisphere rugby union & league.

Edited by red card

TSN & RDS have Europa league rights as of summer 2015. And they will give some matches (they term it significant number) to beIN.

Sportsnet has been giving up rights all over the place to pay for NHL rights. Sportsnet World will now only have some EPL matches, some CONCACAF CL, some SPL  and some Bundesliga along with Southern hemisphere rugby union & league.

Whaaaaat? No more Celtic League, err Magners League, err Rabo Direct Pro 12, err Guinness Pro 12? And no more Aviva? This sucks.

I can't keep track either of the Euro rugby competitions. But it looks like SNW will carry the Euro Championship based on ad I just saw. And they'll still have Euro football qualifiers for Euro 2016.

But they show quite a bit of football stuff later in the day on Sportsnet. So, I'm not sure why they're still charging $15/month - now only worth about $5/month.

I can't keep track either of the Euro rugby competitions. But it looks like SNW will carry the Euro Championship based on ad I just saw. And they'll still have Euro football qualifiers for Euro 2016.

But they show quite a bit of football stuff later in the day on Sportsnet. So, I'm not sure why they're still charging $15/month - now only worth about $5/month.

One word: Bundesliga!!!!!!