Unattached FC

nolando

Rumours that Southend United are looking at Jackson. 

No rumour. This article quotes the manager as saying “I’m talking to Simeon Jackson and Joel Grant and there are three or four out of contract who are looking to be re-engaged with a football club that we’re interested in them."

Joel Grant is a Jamaican international.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No rumour. This article quotes the manager as saying “I’m talking to Simeon Jackson and Joel Grant and there are three or four out of contract who are looking to be re-engaged with a football club that we’re interested in them."

Joel Grant is a Jamaican international.

More of the same:

Canadian Simeon Jackson is still on trial at Oakwell, where he has been for three weeks. The 28-year-old former Rushden, Gillingham and Norwich striker – who scored three goals in 30 games for Barnsley's League One rivals Coventry City last season – has been reportedly offered a deal by Southend United.

Johnson said: "Simeon is still here and training with up. We haven't actually made him an offer yet but he continues to impress and we'll have to make a decision."

http://www.barnsley-chronicle.co.uk/sport/article/10858/reds-to-bring-in-several-with-holgate-cash

English transfer window closes in 4 days.

Hope Jackson and Stillo can get deals done. If not, I see both of them coming back to try for MLS/ NASL/ USL.

Wouldn't these two be free to sign anytime during the season, since they are both free agents? If that's the case, their chances may actually increase, as other/transfer options are no longer an option.

Wouldn't these two be free to sign anytime during the season, since they are both free agents? If that's the case, their chances may actually increase, as other/transfer options are no longer an option.

That is the case. The window is only for players under contract, but even then transfers within a country (loans) are still possible. 

According to my list, we currently have the following unatched players: Simeon Jackson, Roberto Stillo, David Monsalve, Tamandani Nsaliwa, Daniel Wrona, Daniel Milton, Jeremy Caranci, Amadeusz Bialy, Nathaniel Ennis, Peter Iannidinardo, Alex Comsia, Marco South, Jorge Vacani, Marek Malamura, Dwayne Dildick, Eroslav Georgiev. Amy Harrison for the women.

Is this correct and am I missing anyone?

Milton is going to the University of Southern New Hampshire.

@Daniel_Milton39 where you heading to next with the PDL season over?

@soccercanada university of Southern New Hampshire!

Interesting since MLS announced a partnership with that school:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/07/27/mls-announces-exclusive-education-partnership-southern-new-hampshire-univers

Huge advantage to play at this school because he could leave after any year to MLS (if he's good enough) and still complete his degree so no excuses.  

Edited by Keegan