Unattached FC

nolando

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Jim Brennan's twitter, Dunfield was running a training session for Brennan's club in Aurora a couple days ago.

33 years old now. Retirement likely.

Always felt he could have contributed more to the program if given the chance. Dunfield never saw the pitch in a meaningful WCQ.

Undoubtedly he has made more cash in Europe than he would have if he stayed in MLS.  So I think he got what he "had in mind" when leaving for Europe.

would have been nice if he "had in mind" both cash and playing at a higher level

and i dont think he "undoubtedly" made more money in europe.  would a SPL player on a smaller team and a B3 player really be making more than the 150 to 200K he would've commanded had he stayed in MLS? im not so sure.

average wage in Scotland is 182 000 pounds. and thats inflated by salaries of Celtic. bottom feeder ross county was no doubt much less. 

avg in B2 is 205 000 pounds. inflated by the larger teams. relegation teams like Andre was on would be less than that

B3 average salary is most likely significantly less than 205 000 pounds. and Andre just signed for a team that was just promoted from the 4th division. doubt they have the money to shell out average MLS or even B3 wages.

Edited by king1010

Hainault was likely not offered a six-figure salary in MLS, so he probably did make out better financially in Europe.

How not?

in 2012 he was the second highest paid defender on the dynamo making a salary of $163, 000.

I can't see every team in the league offeingr him half of his current contract and not even $100k?

jakovic was making 228K and you're saying hainault would've been offered less than $100k

heck ante jazic at 36 years old at cheap chivas usa was getting paid 6 figures. I dont understand how oneHainault would have been offered less than 100k.

and this was before the MLS increased their salary cap and had more money to play with. had he stuck around in MLS he would've benefited from that as well the trend of increased average salaries

I haven't even touched upon the tax rates. Which are as high as 47.5% in Germany, while earning less than 203K in texas only taxes you at 28%. That a MASSIVE difference in after tax dollars.

Edited by king1010

Andre Hainault has signed with 1. FC Magdeburg of the German 3. Liga. Contract until the end of this season. 

http://1.fc-magdeburg.de/saison/aktuelles/1-fc-magdeburg-verpflichtet-andr-hainault/5564/

FC Magdeburg is an interesting club, they won the UEFA Cup in 1974  :huh: .

For their home debut they drew in over 21,000, so seems like a big club that was/is down, but perhaps has potential.

If you want to see some serious weirdness check their Friendly schedule on their wiki page. Blowing out teams 26-0, 13-0, 14-1 ...

How not?

I think it's already been established in this thread that the Dynamo had no interest in paying him that.  So if that were the case, then he'd have to ask for a trade.  I don't think the Dynamo were going to let him go to another MLS team for free.

I think it's already been established in this thread that the Dynamo had no interest in paying him that.  So if that were the case, then he'd have to ask for a trade.  I don't think the Dynamo were going to let him go to another MLS team for free.

No interest in paying him 160K I can understand. No interest in paying him 6 figures and cutting his salary in half I can't.

Plenty of teams have traded allocation money for defenders of Andre's quality.

No interest in paying him 160K I can understand. No interest in paying him 6 figures and cutting his salary in half I can't.

Plenty of teams have traded allocation money for defenders of Andre's quality.

Whether you understand it or not is immaterial.  I'm pretty sure that was the situation.

Remember that he counts as an international.  You can get relatively cheap alternatives as domestics or, if you are going to use up an international spot, you may as well try to hit a home run.  Andre's in that nebulous zone where he just wasn't quite good enough to immediately command an international slot (and thus have a team trade for him) but if he counted as a domestic he'd definitely have a spot on most MLS teams.

I could have sworn he was making 90K in MLS. Anyways, they picked him up as a CB and he wasn't good enough to be a starter there so he was switched to FB. MLS clubs don't go around dropping big money on FB's so the writing was on the wall.

Whether you understand it or not is immaterial. I'm pretty sure that was the situation.

Remember that he counts as an international. You can get relatively cheap alternatives as domestics or, if you are going to use up an international spot, you may as well try to hit a home run. Andre's in that nebulous zone where he just wasn't quite good enough to immediately command an international slot (and thus have a team trade for him) but if he counted as a domestic he'd definitely have a spot on most MLS teams.

Thanks. I understand now Edited by king1010