Venues For Nov & March WCQ

Tuscan

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

I think the cold can be a major advantage. Playing in the cold sucks. Every fall hurts, the ball moves differently, muscles get tight, etc...  Admittedly i don't think our players would like it , but at least our players would have played in it more in their lives than our opponents have.

I wonder if the CSA ever looks at population of Canadian cities. I hate watching games in Toronto or Montreal and there are more away fans than Canadian fans there. This would likely not happen in a less diverse, smaller city. I would rather see 20000 canadians at a game then 20000 canadians and 10000 loud, passionate fans of our opponents. 

I think it's tough to label Toronto as having more away fans than Canada fans. That has not happened in multiple games. I've been lucky enough to be at several of them to experience the atmosphere and it was overwhelmingly pro-Canada. Montreal hasn't had a men's game in so long who knows if the away crowd would be so much stronger than the home crowd now. Only way to find out is to schedule a game there and see what happens.

Two other things:

1) I think it's a bit unfortunate the slight slip back into the dark world of Toronto-Vancouver rivalry. Vancouver has clearly done a fantastic job with almost 100,000 in attendance for 3 games and with the players, as has been widely reported, feeling very positive about the fans, stadium, and situation in Vancouver.

2) I don't think it should be dismissed that the November Honduras game came on the heels of a pretty successful Whitecaps season and the WWC and it's quite likely both of them have helped to pump interest in Vancouver. With TFC's good season and their great attendances in Toronto, I don't think it's far fetched to suggest that there will be a carry-over effect for the next CanMNT game there as well. 

Archived