Dario Zanatta

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, El Hombre said:

That's nice to hear.  We really should have called him in for this camp.

1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Hearts wouldnt have released him though right? Not a fifa window. 

Correct.  No way he would have been released.  If his progress continues, I think it would be good to have a look at him for any summer friendlies we might have.

3 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

He almost won it for the hearts. He played the entire second half and headed a ball onto the crossbar.

Also impressive that he was subbed on with Hearts down to 10 men as they got a red card in the 40th minute and played down a man until the 87th minute when Hamilton also had a player red carded. A manager must have a lot of faith in an 18 year old player to sub him in with the team down to 10 men.

28 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I see Hearts have drawn Hibs in the next round of the cup... if he can get time in that one it'll be a great experience.

This is the most anticipated match of the year as it will be the only derby with Hibs playing in The Championship, these are always tough encounters with an intense atmosphere, if he is able to get on the pitch in this one it will be great for a player of his age, I'm thinking it could be good preparation for some tense CONCACAF matches down the road!

Here is an article from yesterday with quotes from Dario. A couple of comments below the article say he should have done better with his chances. 
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/first-team-hearts-exposure-has-been-super-for-dario-zanatta-1-4010920

If you have Sportsnet World, the Inverness v Hearts match on Saturday will be on at 4:30 PST. Set your PVRs

This quote says Zanatta had no shot at being a professional footballer with the Whitecaps? Hmmm...

Zanatta made the move to the Scottish Premiership club after leaving Vancouver Whitecaps in the summer after deciding it was crucial if he was to realise his dream of being a professional footballer.

57 minutes ago, shermanator said:

This quote says Zanatta had no shot at being a professional footballer with the Whitecaps? Hmmm...

That's not exactly what that quote says. It just means that Dario didn't have faith in the path to realising his professional dreams in Canada. 

7 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Wow. This kid is a breath of fresh air.

@JamboAl Where can I buy a Zanatta Hearts jersey?!

Hey Matt.  The Hearts club shop would be the best place to do that.  You can find a link at heartsfc.co.uk.

BTW, you can also pre-order the Hearts Tribute kit which has my name on it.  Oh yeah, that''s right…that's not a selling point.  :-)

Just to show that Zanatta has moved up in the Hearts pecking order, Billy King, who was an integral part of the Scottish Championship winning season last year has just been loaned to Rangers.  To me, that means that Zanatta should be the first striking option off the bench and possibly, a starter sooner rather than later especially in Sow is sold to Birmingham City in the transfer window.  He may even warrant a look in for a place in March, something I would have thought to be too soon even at the beginning of the month.

34 minutes ago, sose said:

I don't watch the SPL.. How is the level? Comparable to the English championship? Or league 1?

Right now, my opinion is that Celtic is mid-table Championship while Aberdeen and Hearts are more towards the top of League One. 

16 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Right now, my opinion is that Celtic is mid-table Championship while Aberdeen and Hearts are more towards the top of League One. 

Celtic has seemed to really drop off since Rangers went down. Do you see them getting back to where they were a few years ago once rangers get back? Back when they were playing Barca in the Champions league they looked like they could be a good EPL team.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

So, one could argue that once Zanatta gets regular starts at Hearts that he would be playing at a level equivalent to where Haber is right now?