Sportsnet Hates the National Team

ted

It has been all down hill since Graham "bulge in the old onion bag" Leggat retired.

<i>Sock-errrrr Sah terrrrr-daye</i>

Loved that guy, and loved that show.  Highlights each week from around Europe, plus a feature or two and a nod to a few Canadians.  Never replaced.

I always thought "bulge in the old onion bag" sounded like a euphemism for ... something else.

Me too.  I used to find the clips online after they cut the show but it takes a lot of work and a whack of downloading and usually they have no English commentary.  I'm the kind of armchair fan that only watches full games when one of my teams is involved, I don't care to hear what Alan Shearer or some old ex-pro thinks, so I too really miss the trip around Europe.

The Football League Show was pretty clips package, for the UK lower leagues, but now it's off the BBC on some secondary network.  Too bad.

Wasn't 'bulge in the old onion bag' (God I hate that saying) made 'famous' by Irishman Tommy Smyth and not Leggat?

Honestly don't recall GL using that line but could be wrong.

gw

yes. .  the onion  bag refrence was Tommy Smythe  on ESPN .   I dont know why that reference bothers some people. i didnt mind it..   

Archived