The Floro Bandwagon

madmonte

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this literally the worst substitution in modern Canadian soccer history? It should have been a 4-4-2 with Larin and Akindele by 70' at the lastest with Bekker coming on for Straith at some point too.

Not sure about bekker. That would mean no teibert. Wouldve subbed off straith for jackson or akindele. Go 3 man D. Push edgar to holding mid. Push deguz above edgar. Akindele larin osorio teibert haber all guns blazing.

If we're gunna get knocked out, do it throwing eveything u got. Great we got a draw. Rather have lost 1-0.

Floro at the Press Conference:

"The level of Costa Rica is better. My opinion is not to be happy with the result but to be happy with the players."

He said the same thing after the Jamaica game. Sorry, thats not good enough

I forgot that Floro was here for 2 years already, i think the CSA are at fault for keeping him onboard. 2 years and he can't find a system that isn't bunkering?? We're technically proficient but no excuse not wantinf to progress in the Gold Cup to increase our FIFA rankings

COSTA RICAS LEVEL WASNT BETTER. YOU LET THEM ATTACK YOU WITH NEGATIVE SUBSTITUTIONS.

COSTA RICA WAS THERE FOR THE TAKING TONIGHT.

It was a good performance tonight but, like you, I don't like the way he seems to be conceding quality to the other team all the time. 

How are we supposed to imrpove when the coach keeps saying that the other teams have better quality than us therefore we have to play a defensive set up and get "lucky" to score.

If the coach has no faith in starting an attacking line up and just bunkers for draws we have no hope.

Not sure about bekker. That would mean no teibert. Wouldve subbed off straith for jackson or akindele. Go 3 man D. Push edgar to holding mid. Push deguz above edgar. Akindele larin osorio teibert haber all guns blazing.

If we're gunna get knocked out, do it throwing eveything u got. Great we got a draw. Rather have lost 1-0.

COSTA RICAS LEVEL WASNT BETTER. YOU LET THEM ATTACK YOU WITH NEGATIVE SUBSTITUTIONS.

COSTA RICA WAS THERE FOR THE TAKING TONIGHT.

I'm with you 100%. I think Floro got it wrong. If we're getting knocked out, going down at home, lets do it knowing we tried are best to score, being aggressive and positive. By no means do I think we are suddenly better than Costa Rica but they weren't great tonight by any stretch and the way it played out we certainly put ourselves in position to win in the last 20-30 minutes. 

How are we supposed to imrpove when the coach keeps saying that the other teams have better quality than us therefore we have to play a defensive set up and get "lucky" to score.

If the coach has no faith in starting an attacking line up and just bunkers for draws we have no hope.

We had Larin, Tesho & Ricketts on the field to start our first game. I don't think we could put a more offensive set of players out there.

We had Larin, Tesho & Ricketts on the field to start our first game. I don't think we could put a more offensive set of players out there.

And who were midfielders again that first game?? We had an offense being serviced by defensive midfielders. Floro got it half right. If we had all 3 with Tiebert and Osorio distributing, maybe we would've gmhad more chances to get te ball in the net.

We had straith bekker and piette supplying them in the midfield....

Osorio teibert wouldve given them service.

Seriously. Floro has lost the plot

And he may have lost the locker room by the looks of osorios reaction to being subbed off.

I think they'll keep Floro as long as we stay alive in WC Quallfying. It is only fair, we'd be stupid to change now, the point is to do what everyone is saying we have yet to do: take a team showing defensive organization and get it to find some more attacking options and goal scoring efficiency.

Also: don't like his son coaching the u-23s, Floro needs him with him to communicate as far as I can see. Only thing I can imagine is that maybe he'll coach them when it comes to Olympic qualifying, so its his way of having someone who is close to him handling them for the PanAms. The sequence would be that Floro takes us through the next WC round, by 1st week of September, does the Olympic qualifying in early Oct in the US, only first two best going through and a third going to a playoff, then starts the next WC round in November. Those two matches will not likely be enough to decide to fire him, unless we do very badly. 

Only way Floro will not be our coach at the start of 2016 will be if we do not make it past the last summer WC round to be announced July 25, two Saturdays from now.

I would seriously doubt he'd resign because of media or fan pressure, as this is chicken-shit compared to what he's seen.

We also played Piette and Straith together. That doesn't exactly scream positivity although your point is taken about the front three. 

I agree its too late to fire him. No chance of that happening. Hes with us till we crash out of wcq.

With his opinion that we arent good enough to compete and "luck" and defensive play will be our only way to succerd, we'll be out sooner rather than later.

Their level is better? 12 of their players play in their domestic league and you didn't select a midfielder who scored 4 goals in 13 starts in that league...

THIS

And his son didnt even show him the field in our u23 game.

Seriously. If i was aleman id be pissed. He couldve made this costa rica team. Never mind being an un used sub in an u23 game for canada.

I think they'll keep Floro as long as we stay alive in WC Quallfying. It is only fair, we'd be stupid to change now, the point is to do what everyone is saying we have yet to do: take a team showing defensive organization and get it to find some more attacking options and goal scoring efficiency.

Also: don't like his son coaching the u-23s, Floro needs him with him to communicate as far as I can see. Only thing I can imagine is that maybe he'll coach them when it comes to Olympic qualifying, so its his way of having someone who is close to him handling them for the PanAms. The sequence would be that Floro takes us through the next WC round, by 1st week of September, does the Olympic qualifying in early Oct in the US, only first two best going through and a third going to a playoff, then starts the next WC round in November. Those two matches will not likely be enough to decide to fire him, unless we do very badly.

Only way Floro will not be our coach at the start of 2016 will be if we do not make it past the last summer WC round to be announced July 25, two Saturdays from now.

I would seriously doubt he'd resign because of media or fan pressure, as this is chicken-shit compared to what he's seen.

I get the feeling that Floro put a clause to let his son coach the junior teams as one of his requirements of being hired. I don't like family members coaching teams as its a conflict of interest. Would've preferred anybody else but the son. At this stage, Floro jr can'f do worse than te dad right?? Or will he preach his dad's tactics of bunkering to get resuts??

Most of you guys have way too high of an opinion of our players. There is also a lot of latent bias vis-a-vis Osorio & Tiebert while players like Tissot & Ouimette are rarely discussed.

We have had players like Osorio show up Canadian managers. In hindsight, it was the players that are usually offside such as with Osiek. Most of our players crumble under pressure except under Osiek & Waiters. These players need to look at themselves and see why they continually fall flat when the going gets tough.

We needed to get back to being strong defensively. We're not there yet but we're getting closer to Osiek levels. Offensively, I'm disappointed systems haven't put in place to compensate for our lack of talent. We should be feared on set pieces but we're hopeless.

Trinidad. haiti. El salavador dont have more talent than us. Theyre going through.

Well, maybe Trinidad isn't more talented than our squad, but I think maybe you--all of us--have a too lofty sense of the quality of our players. There is some real hope in the young players, guys like Petrasso and Tiebert and several others, but many of our guys play in lower divisions and in lesser leagues. Hell, several of them barely see regular minutes with their clubs.  I am hopeful for the future, if only because our MLS teams are just starting to develop many more good prospects than we've developed in the last long while.  When Boakai becomes a real mature footballer, maybe in 6 years when he is 24, then we might have enough good core players to challenge for the Gold Cup.  (But Boakai needs to move to another team, soon.  Nothing against Edmonton, but Boakai would THRIVE with the Caps. Robinson and all of the latino guys know how to develop a young talent like him.)

Trinidad. haiti. El salavador dont have more talent than us. Theyre going through.

We're fine defensively. Cant believe ppl want to concentrate on that more. Weve allowed one goal in 600 minutes.

Those teams are better than us.  We have to start to realise that we are a minnow, and should treat results accordingly.  Floro isn't the problem. 

How about drawing a World Cup quarter-finalist, playing well against them, and only conceding one goal, and only trailing for two minutes all tournament.  For a minnow, this is a good tournament.

Those teams are better than us. We have to start to realise that we are a minnow, and should treat results accordingly. Floro isn't the problem.

How about drawing a World Cup quarter-finalist, playing well against them, and only conceding one goal, and only trailing for two minutes all tournament. For a minnow, this is a good tournament.

Trinidad the team that crashed out of wcq before the group stages last cycle is better than us. Trinidad coached by stephen hart is better than us. Trinidad who have 8 players who play in trinidad are better than us.

Ok then. We're minnows. We scored zero goals. We finished last in the group. Bunker up and call it a day. We're minnows.

^^^

Yes, we are a minnow, but I DO question Floro's judgement. Tiebert might play a DM role with the Caps, but he is WAY tidier, better skilled, and far more creative than Bekker and Piette. He links well with the forwards. He is a spark plug and brings real leadership--for such a young man--to the field.  He is not the finished product, but for me Bekker is just finished. 

Archived