[R] - Canada vs El Salvador

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How quickly our veteran players forget what competitive matches against Central American teams are like. For our young guys this was a good baptism by fire. We were lucky to come out with a tie. We were the better team, but El Salvador had the home support, the energy to keep coming at us in the first half, and the moral victory for the ref's favour.

In order to win in these games, we need to play our game with a little gamesmanship. We're better than them. Instead, we got draw into El Salvador's chaos and were frustrated. 

I agree with most of the comments regarding Floro and his questionable player decisions. I feel that it's almost as if the results do not matter. That we're treating this competition as friendlies to teach players his system and develop a style of play and to get them ready for tougher games further into WCQ. If that is so, then we have to be ready for further disappointments. The problem is that we go 3 and out miss a chance to develop some competitiveness.

Not sure how the players feel about all of this but a camera shot of the bench earlier in the match showed a rather unimpressed looking Osorio and Teibert. 

Most of us have been through this before, so much anticipation for what could be, only for it to go quickly into the crapper.

I agree with most of the comments regarding Floro and his questionable player decisions. I feel that it's almost as if the results do not matter. That we're treating this competition as friendlies to teach players his system and develop a style of play and to get them ready for tougher games further into WCQ. If that is so, then we have to be ready for further disappointments. The problem is that we go 3 and out miss a chance to develop some competitiveness.

Not sure how the players feel about all of this but a camera shot of the bench earlier in the match showed a rather unimpressed looking Osorio and Teibert. 

Most of us have been through this before, so much anticipation for what could be, only for it to go quickly into the crapper.

That would be great if we actually played well and only got the draw but I didn't really see much rhythm or positives to take away in our play at any point of the game.  I thought we would ATTEMPT a possession oriented game like against Dominica (yes i know they are not a good team) but our midfield was non-existant and we seemed to play long balls from defence to forwards.  But maybe that was the plan.

I do NOT think they are treating this as friendlies to learn the system.  It doesn't look like it or feel like it.  They played poorly, plain and simple.

Of course they aren't.  This is as important as it gets, our next match is the biggest since our Honduras 8-1 loss.  We simply rotated our squad, any team would with 3 games in 6 days and 23 players.  

Archived