[R] - Canada vs El Salvador

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expected much better from Floro. I know dick all about these players in comparison to Floro and I could have told you not starting Osorio and Teibert was a mistake. Ridiculous. If Teibert and Osorio don't start next game, I'm giving Floro a lip job at BMO next Tuesday when I have to watch a meaningless game for 90 bucks. 

Floro is with these guys in practice and everything, give him the benefit of the doubt that he made that selection for a reason. There's a lot more that goes into selecting a lineup. I was not a fan of the mid and yes I think he should have made the switches earlier.... But for his real first official game I would say you are being harsh.

I expected much better from Floro. I know dick all about these players in comparison to Floro and I could have told you not starting Osorio and Teibert was a mistake. Ridiculous. If Teibert and Osorio don't start next game, I'm giving Floro a lip job at BMO next Tuesday when I have to watch a meaningless game for 90 bucks.

Just dropped $70 on tix to next weeks game. It better be a meaningful one.

Floro is with these guys in practice and everything, give him the benefit of the doubt that he made that selection for a reason. There's a lot more that goes into selecting a lineup. I was not a fan of the mid and yes I think he should have made the switches earlier.... But for his real first official game I would say you are being harsh.

3rd. He had 2 wcq already

Funny i though Piette was ok considering he was playing out of position. The formation was weird though... A defender playing dm, a dm playing cm and a career mls backup starting over two guys who play regularly.

Why osorio or teibert didn't start in CM is very confusing... Bekker is not as good a destroyer as piette and is about the same at distributing the ball (not great) - maybe just going for the 0-0 draw?

Come on, are you saying Bekker is lighting it up in practice and thus earned his spot? This is silly. Floro gets paid six figures to make these calls and he fucking blew it this game. Blew. It. 

We never stood a chance. Pitiful.

Come on, are you saying Bekker is lighting it up in practice and thus earned his spot? This is silly. Floro gets paid six figures to make these calls and he fucking blew it this game. Blew. It. 

We never stood a chance. Pitiful.

I think the bigger mistake is starting ricketts, that guy is completely useless, should not even be in national team contention. All he does is want to run at 100 miles an hour with the ball, contributes nothing else but speed. Simeon Jackson is a wayyyyyy better option (he would link up well with tesho and Larin)

LOL I figured someone would say that. Are you really going to count 2 games against Dominicana real games? Those are gimme games, for crying out loud they are calling up players that work in a store boutique !!!

Yes i am. Akindele was cap tied with them. I

I think the bigger mistake is starting ricketts, that guy is completely useless, should not even be in national team contention. All he does is want to run at 100 miles an hour with the ball, contributes nothing else but speed. Simeon Jackson is a wayyyyyy better option (he would link up well with tesho and Larin)

Jackson couldnt even see the field in league 1 this year.

When you have a spoiler like that in the title, putting [R] doesn't really nullify it.

That said, I'm glad I forgot to PVR this.  In response to the OP's point, the CSA clearly just hired Floro because he was a name.  No CONCACAF know-how and his methods are clearly outdated.  Piette wasn't even born yet when he coached Real Madrid!

When you have a spoiler like that in the title, putting [R] doesn't really nullify it.

That said, I'm glad I forgot to PVR this. In response to the OP's point, the CSA clearly just hired Floro because he was a name. No CONCACAF know-how and his methods are clearly outdated. Piette wasn't even born yet when he coached Real Madrid!

He coached in mexico for 3 years.

Some years in south america as well, not concacaf i know.

I get that maybe a coach goes into his first really meaningful game and might go too defensive. But you have to pull back at halftime and say "I need a possession player." That didn't happen until the 82nd minute. This is especially true when club play would seem to indicate that Teibert and Osorio are better players.

Unacceptable coaching performance.

Floro has got to up his game.

Funny i though Piette was ok considering he was playing out of position. The formation was weird though... A defender playing dm, a dm playing cm and a career mls backup starting over two guys who play regularly.

I thought Straith has been used by Floro more often than not as a defensive mid in front of the central defence, so no surprise there.  I thought he and Piette were about the same in performance.  Bekker, of whom I presume was expected to provide linking play, was a passenger for the most part, apart from one run, cut back, and cross for Haber's header. Though I liked the recovery run he made in breaking up that one counterattack, his lack of genuine quickness exposes him defensively.

3 games in 7 days. You use your whole squad. It doesn't always work out like tonight. We had our chance to steal it and Stamp was the MOTM for us and we got a draw. Such is life. Floro is an excellent coach and I like where the team is going. Sure our midfield was not our starters but we'll see them on Saturday.

Bekker had his moments but was not good. Piette I thought did quite well.

Wasn't expecting this reaction to Floro.  I think his tactics were spot on but our players didn't perform as needed, straight up.  Akindele and Ricketts weren't able to penetrate/create when given possession.  Larin who we placed all our hope on missed a sitter, it happens when you put such expectations on such players.  Bekker as a starter was shocking of course but if you're going to start him one game it would be this one no?  Floro seemed to want to take advantage of Bekker's set pieces with essentially 3 CD's on the pitch combined with our top 3 attackers... that should have created a goal and it didn't.

I'm as angered as anyone about the substitutions but as a football supporter how many times do you actually see a sub you want?  From my experience it's never the right timing or player.  Floro clearly had a plan and I think he made the right subs but with the incorrect timing.  

I see some Piette criticism here... am I crazy or was he not our best player tonight?  Very impressed by his performance.  

Bekker wasn't bad in keeping possession except for the fact he's a fraud and is trying to blend in out there but it's painfully obvious he has no ambition to close down players and he always makes a half hearted attempt to pretend he tried.  Call up ANYONE with a desire to die for this shirt.  That type of effort does not deserve a starting XI place for us.  If you combined the will and athleticism of Ricketts with the skill/ability of Bekker you would have the best Canadian player of all time.

I see some Piette criticism here... am I crazy or was he not our best player tonight?  Very impressed by his performance. 

He seemed OK. I was surprised by how harsh the criticism was but he wasn't stellar either.

Bekker was only good on dead balls (I liked his corners). Otherwise Bekker doesn't seem to be what we need as a starter. I want to be proven wrong though.

Teibert should start next game.

Archived