July 1st Semi Final in Edmonton - Voyageurs

The Edmonton Voyageurs have been in communication with the LOC here and also the NOC about what would be arranged for Voyageurs to attend the match and do everything that we usually do. For earlier games we had Section FF arranged for supporters but for this game there are not many tickets available there and many of those that have been purchased already likely belong to people who are not supporter friendly, like the 40 or so behind us on July 11th that were relocated after they complained. Although we were previously allowed to keep standing I do not look forward to another negotiation with venue security and the EPS since it may not go our way on July 1st.

Therefore we have negotiated an alternative solution for supporters once it is confirmed that Canada will be playing in that game. The NOC is holding Section AA, rows 11 through 20 for us and will open them up just for us once we have a positive result in the England - Canada match on Saturday. BTW, Row 11 is the front row in that section. They are not spectacular seats in terms of the view but they are roughly equivalent to Section FF but at the opposite (south) end of the stadium and the price is right. Category 4 tickets and with a 30% discount they are $41.50 with TM fees included.

In addition, I asked about what arrangements would be made for those that already purchased their tickets in FF or EE. They have stated that they would need account numbers from those people that already purchased and they would refund them so we can repurchase tickets in AA.

All other details on what type of access codes are required or how the refund process would work will not be available until after Saturday's game. Be patient, I will post more as soon as we find out.   

*APPLAUSE FOR MIKE*

Some notes about AA:

+ I noticed AA being covered with tarp during other games here

+ AA is right by the tunnel

+ The seats don't start at 1 in all the rows because of the irregular row sizes

+ There are 379 seats available in rows 11-20

@dbailey62   I do not want to pre judge what will happen but I think tickets from Voyageurs in and around FF and especially those in the same Price Category as the AA replacement tickets would be exchanged upon you requesting it. How I don't know yet; wait for the update.

Thanks for all of the organization over the tournament by the Edmonton folks. It was much appreciated. Same to the people in Montreal who organized a really good pre-match party. I enjoyed both trips and was ready for one more. 

cheers,

matthew

Damn, that's commitment, Dave! Hope to see you there!

I'll be there.  Damnitall I wish Canada was too but that's a discussion for the pre-game bar chat.

Taking the Friday "Via Canadian" from Edmonton to Vancouver for the final.  Meeting up with Jamie for that one!

I wish I'd known about the Edmonton Voyageurs' bookings for FF.  My fault for not looking into it more deeply.

See you guys on Wednesday. 

Is there a pre-game location of choice?

db

Archived