DJT

FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015

Quarterfinals (non-Canada matches)

Friday, June 26

4:00 PM EDT - At Montreal - Germany vs. France

7:30 PM EDT - At Ottawa - China vs. United States

Saturday, June 27

2:00 PM MDT - At Edmonton - Australia vs. Japan

The US-China was so one-sided. The Chinese play like robots, they don't have a clue how to read the same game they are playing. They just make their nice pases and another, another, then lose it and get outrun down a wing, chasing bravely. At least the US are competitive, take on rivals, show character as athletes, show individual responsibility. And play as a team. The Chinese were a very weak opponent and the resullt could have been worse. Only the US is a bit inoffensive in the box.

Yeah, it was pretty frustrating watching the Chinese do that.  Especially after watching that match earlier in the day.

Speaking of the earlier match, I was thinking that the Germans would win because the French have trouble finishing in big games, and their goalkeeping isn't up to the standard of the rest of the team.  I was wrong about the latter today; Bouhaddi really played well and held up her end of things.

Waaaay too many WTF moments from China.  Now and then they looked like they had a clue (zig zag stitches and widening the field) and then they offer a whole period of posession without purpose and dumb ass/piss poor passes.  I've watched at least some of all of their matches this world cup and have to say they picked the wrong day to be off.  Lucky for them the US wasn't exactly at their best either though.  Ug.

So it wasn't just me who thought the Chinese were very limited and not adventurous.  I love the robot comment cause that's what they were.  And that Chinese coach was just an idiot too; was moaning to the referee and the assistant referees on a regular basis.

Archived