WWC 2015 - Quarter-final - June 27 - Canada vs. England [R]

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stop panicking. She looks determined to make up for her mistake. She should get that chance.

I could be determined to be the best soccer player in the world too. Doesnt mean i get one chance at all. Sessleman has been in over her head all tournament. Tancredi hasnt offered anything either.

This isnt anything new. Go look at previous match threads discussing these players. IF we somehow advance, changes need to be made.

To be fair, I don't think any other coach would have made that much of a difference. The top teams all advanced to the semi finals. I'm rooting for England to win it all but I certainly not betting my house on it.

I don't like Japan's style of play but you have to admit it is successful. Wouldn't it be something if they take USA to overtime and win on penalties.

I don't know why Canadian managers stick with players way past their prime. Tancredi never looked good. Yes, there is no obvious one to replace her but should have at least let Leon run around and create chaos and bring Tank off the bench. Or go with Fleming. Best we looked was again Netherlands when the young ones were in.

Sessleman looked she wasn't ready coming off her injury. Good enough for friendlies but in big football matches, all your weakness and insecurities are exposed. Moscato was right.

This was a missed opportunity. A winnable match thrown away by one careless mistake and one unforgiveable goalkeeping sin. It was a chance to be the semis since 2003. Given our structural weakness of our player development, fragile psyche and advancement of other nations, making the semis is likely at least another decade away (if not more).

I'm also be glad when the older players finally hang it up. Other than Sinclair, they talked a big game but never truly upped their game. At least our men's team know they aren't good yet and know they don't play a style that is easy on the eye.

The young players are getting their chance at the PanAm games.  This tournament was for the vets, and rightly so.  We had few players in their prime, and it caught up to us.  Going with the kids right away would have just left us being knocked out in the group stage.  At least that's what I think.  We'll see in the PanAm games.

Archived