Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame - Who's Missing?

nolando

http://www.thesoccerhalloffame.ca/en-us/halloffame/virtualhalloffame/players.aspx

Lots of deserving individuals but lots of guys with fairly average credentials in hindsight, especially compared to some in the modern game. Of course, it's hard to compare caps given the relative increase available in the modern game, especially mid-80's and onward but who do you think is most glaringly missing from the list?

I presume that Dero and Stalteri will be inducted as soon as eligible (this year?) Who else already retired should be there now? Isn't a guy like Jim Brennan in the same ballpark (at least) as a Liminiatis? Heck, Rich Hastings or Pat Onstad deserve a bit of love too, no? Does Radz ever get considered or is he on the Pete Rose-style exclusion list?

** caveat - I know next to nothing about the woman's game, despite enjoying the odd tournament and wholeheartedly respecting the women who play it. Of course there may be women deserving but not yet listed.

It takes time, like around 6 years affter you stopped playing soccer  Radzinski played in 2012, so he won't be eligible until  circa 2018. Brennan should be eligible next year. Hastings in 2019 and Stalteri in 2017. So all the players that you have named are not eligible to be inducted to the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame.

On 6/20/2015 at 1:31 AM, nolando said:

Isn't a guy like Jim Brennan in the same ballpark (at least) as a Liminiatis? 

Stalteri is a shoo-in and so is DeRo (even if I was never his biggest fan). Radz has always been a question mark for me given the years he did not play for the national team but when he did return to the team he was very dedicated so perhaps that can be overlooked. 

• 3 weeks later...

OK put in a profile to support your application according to the rules,which are available on the OSA web.A duplicate copy of the Voyageurs Cup is already on display ,which I am very proud of.The history of the Voyageurs is an enormous important part of our national team support and is recognized by the CSA of its vital importance.The Voyageurs could qualify as the Organization of Distinction.It will be up to the Ballot and Selection Committee to decide.

Archived