Ranking our Central Defenders

• 2 months later...

Updating this list with the addition of Lefevre. Slotting Lefevre on the depth chart behind Hainault but given his experience and level of play would put him ahead of Ouimette. 

1. David Edgar

2. Dejan Jakovic

3. Doneil Henry

4. Adam Straith

5. Andre Hainault

6. Wandrille Lefevre

7. Karl Ouimette

8. Mallan Roberts

9. Manjrekar James

10. Mason Trafford

1. Edgar

2. Jakovic

3. Straith

4. Henry

5. Hainault

7. Lefevre

6. James

7. Gassparotto

Ranking based on right now. Also based on how I think Floro ranks them in importance as of right now. 

Ouimette not included because I don't believe he will be used as a CB unless it's an emergency. Everyone else is not a realistic option for WCQ at this time. 

1. Edgar

2. Jakovic

3. Straith

4. Henry

5. Hainault

7. Lefevre

6. James

7. Gassparotto

Ranking based on right now. Also based on how I think Floro ranks them in importance as of right now. 

Ouimette not included because I don't believe he will be used as a CB unless it's an emergency. Everyone else is not a realistic option for WCQ at this time. 

I love how your list goes from 1 to 5, then to 7, 6, 7!  :)

Updating this list with the addition of Lefevre. Slotting Lefevre on the depth chart behind Hainault but given his experience and level of play would put him ahead of Ouimette. 

1. David Edgar

2. Dejan Jakovic

3. Doneil Henry

4. Adam Straith

5. Andre Hainault

6. Wandrille Lefevre

7. Karl Ouimette

8. Mallan Roberts

9. Manjrekar James

10. Mason Trafford

Attakora seems to get a call from Floro every now and then. I think Floro probably rates him higher than Trafford.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol I mean don't get me wrong the moment lefevre was declared Canadian and was on board I was happy and supportive! But I just find it funny how people were basically bashing him saying he was no real addition to the team and now all of a sudden people are pushing him to be right up there for a starting CB role.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry having seen Vittoria play in the MLS and now last night with the national team and having seen Straith play enough time IMO Vittoria over Straith at CB a no brainer, and I know many people on here don't base a lot on where a player plays but Straith in the Norway second division does not compare to MLS where Vittoria was mainly a starter, Vittoria over Straith.

On 2/9/2016 at 2:35 AM, yothat said:

Does Trafford move up the rankings since he was bought by another NASL club and is one of the higher paid defenders in the league.

CB is like the one position I am not worried about for the CanMNT. However, I would say let's wait and see how well he plays and if he gets a lot of minutes and earns many clean sheets, then sure why not?

3 hours ago, Fussball_eh said:

CB is like the one position I am not worried about for the CanMNT. However, I would say let's wait and see how well he plays and if he gets a lot of minutes and earns many clean sheets, then sure why not?

In a way, yes ... we have MUCH more depth there now than in recent years.  BUT, we also have a lot of guys at a similar level. No one is a stud PL player, or even an MLS all-star.  I'd like to have at least 1 of those, with some of these depth guys we've already got.

Edited by Addona

13 minutes ago, Addona said:

In a way, yes ... we have MUCH more depth their now than in recent years.  BUT, we also have a lot of guys at a similar level. No one is a stud PL player, or even an MLS all-star.  I'd like to have at least 1 of those, with some of these depth guys we've already got.

Very true and good point. That's why the depth could look completely different with an inform Doneil.

• 1 month later...

Jakovic and Straith were both exposed by Mexico in last night's game. On the first Mexico goal, Jakovic did not stay with his attacker on the cross and that left the Mexico attacker wide open to head it into the net. The entire Canadian team allowed way too much room on the build-up and Henry did not close on the winger to stop the cross, but the CDs should have cleaned that up more aggressively. 

On the second goal, Straith was just out-run by the Mexico attacker after the Atiba turnover in mid. 

Would like to see Edgar - Vitoria on Tuesday.

• 2 years later...

Pretty big year for our CBs. With so many young players in new spots. There is a decent amount of depth, need a couple standouts and if either Tomori or a healthy Ferreira commits it doesn't actually look too bad.

1) Cornelius

2) James

3) Henry

4) Straith

5) Vitoria

? Jakovic

7) Montgomery

? Hainault

9) Thomas

10) Gasporotto

Vitoria hasnt played a league match since November..no business being near the national team for now..most in form are straith with lotte 2 wins 3 draws in the last 5 with 1 goal conceded and hainault kaiserslautern 1 win 2 draws last 3 with 1 goal conceded and both captains of their team..north american team players we'll see when seasons start