Can someone look into the Dutch supporters section in Montreal?

Admin

No time with two games in two days and traveling ect.

I really want to know when this was set up and how much the tickets were individually and for a group.

This information is really important.

That would be the LOC, not FIFA.

Yes but from my understanding it is FIFA that chooses and runs the LOCs. From what I have heard even the CSA has difficulties with the LOCs. Seems to be a lot of levels of bureaucracy involved and not totally competent people chosen to run things. 

I'd call up the Toronto Sun and give them the scoop. This is a great time to get another story that shits all over FIFA and if it embarrasses the incompetent fools on the LOC, so much the better. And of course there is no need to stop with the Toronto Sun!

A good way to be taken seriously is to impose consequences on those who fail to do so.

+1 (not just the Toronton Sun but obv the Montreal papers too)

What a bunch of fucking bull

If the Dutch fans were sold tickets at a rate lower then the Canadian fans were sold tickets for, that is a discriminatory act, I am unaware of Stephen Harper allowing FIFA to break Canadian Federal Law.

The proper response is to file a complaint with the Canadian Human Rights Commission against the LOC and the National Organizing Ctte, it is event under Federal jurisdiction as it is accross provincial boundaries.

It would seem to be a "grounds of discrimination" based on " national or ethnic origin " and is a discriminatory practice "Providing someone goods, services, facilities or accommodation in a way that treats them adversely and differently".

So being Canadian I ordered a ticket from the Voyageurs as agent for FIFA LOC in Montreal and the National LOC to sit in a designated "Canadian Fan Section".

A person of Dutch nationality or ethnic background could order a ticket from Ticket Master acting on behalf of FIFA LOC and the National LOC to sit in a designated "Ducth Fan Section". So far both groups treated fairly.

My ticket carries a price point of 31.00 and is designated as a Category 4 ticket.

FIFA ticketing page indicates Category 4 tickets are priced at $22,50 for Categroy 4 tickets, including all taxes but not service charges and applicable fees, this is for single game tickets single event tickets at the Big O.

There are only four categories of tickets available.

So between the 22.50 face value for Category 4 tickets listed and the $31.00 face value of my ticket it appears I have been surcharged $8.50 to sit in the Canadian Supporters section. If Dutch fans are seated at a face value on ticket of $20.00, I have been economically discriminated for a value of $11.00 on the ticket or a surcharge of 48%, that times what ever number of tickets the Voyageurs sold on behalf of FIFA represents a significant act on the part of the FIFA LOC and the National LOC head by Peter Montopioli.

I would suggest it be pursued with a complaint to the Canadian Human Rights Commission.

Required...documents.

1. Ticket for game from Canadian Section

2. Ticket for game from Dutch Section and Category 4 tickets with lower face value.

3. Screen shot of FIFA ticket sight showing single game ticket prices.

4. If available any documentation that "Dutch" deal was brokered by an independent supporters group or by the KNB on behalf of its supporters.

5. Communications between Voyageurs and LOC's / CSA regarding ticket sale priceing and Category decision.

6. Documentation showing Section 107 at Big O was sold as Category four tickets for other game days.

Result...likely a slam dunk once FIFA refuses mediation, probable correction to make Voyageurs supporters whole by return $11.00 per ticket sold, plus damages and costs of Voyageurs returning $11.00 per ticket. No payment of funds to CSA or any charity should be accepted as part of the settlement process.

Remember filing costs nothing the CHRC will investigate then recommend a Tribunal hear the case if they support the complaint.

It should be noted 15 June is the anniversary of Magna Carta...which established the rule of law in England and subsquently exported the concept to many nations, including Canada. It is about time FIFA took note of the rule of law, outside the FIFA family

I'm not sure that I'd want to go personally that far.  I'd rather voice my complaints to them personally, first.  As people that are hoping to get a 2026 World Cup, I don't think it's in our best interest to try and create THAT big a deal out of this, otherwise we hurt our own chances.  In that, I may be rethinking that going to the media is that good an idea, where initially I was like...yeah that could help

Tuscan might have the right idea about leaving it all alone, but the flip side is that they are basically hurting OUR cause.  Telling people that if they wear an orange shirt, they will save money is not great for a stadium that frankly needs to be red and white.  Creating Netherlands soccer fans because it's cheaper to be a Netherlands soccer fan.  Yeah, GREAT idea, right? 

So the American Outlaws have section FF for the US round of 16 in Edmonton and are offering tickets at 50% off.  They tweeted:

For #USWNT in Edmonton tix.. Go to: http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11004CD1BFE92B88?brand=fifa15enca&lang=en-ca&ac_link=FWWC15_landing_ca , choose section FF and use offer code: "BETHERE" for 50% off tickets.

If USA wins in Edmonton...I surely hope when they come to Ottawa that US fans will need tickets... would be sweet to sell a single for value of the tournament pack...to a desperate american... row 4 seat 17 south side Landowne, on the goal line in west side of stadia. Then I could afford to see Canada in the finals...

Yeah, in the upper deck the group code they had $15 ticket $20 after service fees.

They needed to paper the stands. I said they would have to do it months ago at the prices they were selling tickets.

This was expected given what sales were.  It wasn't the just the Dutch that got cheap tickets, it was pretty much anyone.

The upper deck was available to anyone at $15 plus service charges no code needed so it was not a special for the Dutch. I think the pricing was off for some of the other games but not sure their strategy was bad for the Canada game. They waited until the lower bowl was almost sold out at higher prices before opening up the upper sections at cheaper prices.

That discount code (BETHERE) was the same one forwarded to us by our local soccer club that my kids play for.  Just seems that they use it far and wide for any game that they know are not going to sell out.

That discount code (BETHERE) was the same one forwarded to us by our local soccer club that my kids play for.  Just seems that they use it far and wide for any game that they know are not going to sell out.

Yes, I received an e-mail directly from the "groups" FIFA WWC e-mail address a day before the Germany v. Sweden match advertising the same BETHERE code. The code gave you a 50% discount but was only applicable for the more expensive sections. Ultimately, it made it so that you could buy better seats for the equivalent price of the cheapest ticket (which was $44 after all the fees).

Archived