Dominica vs. Canada June 11th 2015 Pre/In/Post game thread

jpg75

We also tied st kitts at this stage 4 years ago. And puerto rico.

Someone should be held accountable? Lol do you want floro fired tonight because he didnt play edgar and osorio?

You're going to have a heart attack. Take a deep breath. We won 2-0 on the road in wcq. If you're getting this worked up over the first game you wont make it through this round of qualifying.

We'll be just fine.

Haha clearly I won't!

In all seriousness though, of course he shouldn't be fired,and yes I still trust in what he's doing, but this 2-0 result to Dominica is challenging my trust. I also don't like his player selections overall, but who am I? He obviously knows what's best.

Anyways, let's see what happens in Toronto. If we get out of this round with a 5, 6 or 7 nil aggregate, than I will ease up. But if we just claw our way through at this stage I wi honestly not know what to think.

serious question, does anyone think we played well?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest, some of us on the board could have done what Ouimette did tonight. He didn't attempt one cross did he? He just played as simple as possible against a pub league attack and laid off simple passes to JDG, Teibert or Akindele. He wasn't bad at all but he definitely didn't have a stand out game. I wouldn't mind seeing him at right back though in all honesty just to see what kind of service he could offer. Put Tissot or Morgan at left back, we desperately need some service from that side next match.

JDG apart from the giveaway wasn't bad. He's the best we have for his role so we're gonna have to live with it. And shocking, he actually uses two feet on the pitch unlike most of our players.. he actually was the only player apart from Teibert to attempt a cross with his left from that side. Akindele may have tried a low ball from that side with his left. The JDG giveaway was bad but it could be anyone.. still wasn't as bad as his through ball to Robinho in 2008.

Teibert was very good in spurts but he drifted in and out of the game. He was very good on the ball and the bad pitch didn't seem to affect him nearly as much as some of our other players such as Ricketts.

Agreed with all that was said here!

Not prepared to cast judgment after this match. Clearly a second choice XI on a cricket pitch and they got the result they needed. But if they don't do more than that on Tuesday, it is time to begin to worry.

Some people were praising Akindele after the first half. I thought he tried to do too much on many occasions, either holding the ball too long and losing possession, or attempting a pass that wasn't there.

He seemed overeager to impress, which I understand. Larin also tried to do too much at times. Possibly shows a lack of respect for the opponent? He wouldn't have played that way had it been an MLS match.

As for ouimette criticisms, a natural cb forced to play lb and not on his natural foot. What did you really expect?

I expected exactly what I saw, which is why I am a little pissed. Why was it necessary to play him there? Is Morgan hurt?

------------Larin--------------

Teibert---------------Akindele

-------Osorio-Johnson-----

-------------JDG------------

Morgan-Edgar-Roberts-Ouimette

-----------Stama-----------------

That would be my XI in Toronto, I think it would get the people going.  

So if we are crowdsourcing the changes for the next game:

Morgan for Ouimette at LB

Ouimette for Ledgerwood at RB

Osorio for JDG at CM

Anybody for Ricketts 

More likely Johnson in for JDG in that position rather than Osorio, who's more likely to play instead of Teibert at his home field.

Happy we won, but yeah, I didn't think there were to many highlights from us.

Same old story, no real threat going forward and quickly run out of ideas. 

Definitely would replace JDG with Osorio, Ouimette with Morgan, Ricketts with REB and Piette with Johnson

Floro said that he woanted to play everybody. So, he split the teams in two, so we can't say that because of that the team is bad. Canada won away by multiple goals, it should be enough. I want to see what he'll do in the return leg and the adjustments that he will be making. That's what's important. I want to see improvement from that first match against Dominica and I'll be happy. I don't think that it's worth panicking for, because it's one match. Gold Cup is the real test anyways for me. That's when we'll play teams of comparable quality and we'll really see what Floro can do.

Given that Floro said he wanted to get everyone on the pitch would anyone be suprised if he went full Gale and put out something like this at home

Haber

Tissot Osorio Teibert REB

Johnson

Morgan Edgar Roberts Attakora

Stama

Also RE Ouimette debate. While I'll agree all he did was manage to make a few forward runs that was quite impressive in comparison to Ledgerwood who didn't manage to get forward at all. No he wasn't putting in perfect crosses with the runs but his run allowed us to set up quality possesion in the attacking third and he did this numerous times. I'll take that most days of the week.

A win is a win in my view, some of the comments are reminding me a little too much "Red Patch boys forum" :)

Bottom line is the team that was on the field had never played in a match together- Tesho, Cyle, etc so there will be time to adapt and grow

Some chances were missed by us to be sure and  the Keeper for them played very well

BMO result will likely be very different IMO

You beat the likes of St. Lucia 7-0, do the same thing to Dominica, no taking the foot off the gas pendle, go at them with full force !

Everyone mentions beating St Lucia 7-0. But nobody mentions that in the same qualifying group we tied puerto rico and st kitts.

I'd rather win 2-0 every game than win 7-0 then tie two games we should win. Not to mention last international window we beat Puerto Rico 3-0.

Id rather be consistent 2 to 3 goal winners against minnows than win big then tie.

I often find I can't figure out the decisions that floro makes, from player selection to set piece defending I am confused. But regardless of who is on the field I feel like any combination of players selected for Canada should be able to beat a nation of 70,000 by more than two goals. That being said thanks for the stream it is always fun to watch Canada

I was quite happy with the game. Younger/next generation got concacaf playing experience even though it was Dominica. 1st in game experience for some players together that are going to be important for us as we go deeper in qualifying, Piette, Teibert, Tissot, Ouimette, etc... people have complained on here we can't get results and then we do and then there's complaints that it wasn't by a big enough margin! It's very early on and a lot of growth to be had but I'm pretty excited going forward

For Obinna and Keegan and Canada1 and everyone else that thinks we should automatically smash teams like this:

08/06/2012    USA 3-1 Antigua and Barbuda
15/08/2012    Puerto Rico 1-2 Spain
12/10/2012    Antigua and Barbuda 1-2 USA
14/11/2012    Bolivia 1-1 Costa Rica
13/07/2013    Costa Rica 1-0 Belize
27/05/2014    USA 2-0 Azerbaijan
13/09/2014    Panama 1-0 El Salvador
10/10/2014    Oman 3-4 Costa Rica
14/11/2014    Greece 0-1 Faroe Islands

I'm not sure what glorious CanMNT past history you are going on, but maybe you should adjust your expectations.

FriendlyMay 23 Canada 1–1 Bulgaria Ritzing, Austria
FriendlyMay 27 Moldova 1–1 Canada Mauer, Austria
FriendlySeptember 9 Canada 3–1 Jamaica Toronto, Canada
FriendlyOctober 14 Canada 0-1 Colombia Harrison, United States
FriendlyNovember 18 Panama 0–0 Canada Panama City, Panama
FriendlyJanuary 16 Canada 1–2 Iceland Orlando, United States
FriendlyJanuary 19 Canada 1–1 Iceland Orlando, United States
FriendlyMarch 27 Canada 1–0 Guatemala Fort Lauderdale, United States
FriendlyMarch 30 Puerto Rico 0–3 Canada Bayamón, Puerto Rico
2018 FIFA World Cup QJune 11 Dominica 0–2 Canada Roseau, Dominica

Last ten matches: 4 wins, 4 ties, 2 losses

Archived