Dominica vs. Canada June 11th 2015 Pre/In/Post game thread

jpg75

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that everyone wanted us to win by more than 2.

However there's lots of pro's

-We won as expected

-We played a lot of 2nd team guys

-Younger players cap tied especially Akindele

-Akindele & Larin looked to have some chemistry & Larin scored

-Tiebert opened his international scoring acocunt

-No injuries

Thanks Gavin for doing the stream! It wasn't all that impressive from our lads but there were some positives, it was a good match to get used to heat and humidity on a sub par pitch! I hope Floro opens things up at home, I would like to see Osorio start, possibly in place of JDG and it would make sense to play Morgan in an attacking LB position on his home pitch!

Ouimette looked good?

Ouimette did what he could. He wasn't bad, but he doesn't have a left foot and as a result the little, simple things are awkward. Not a huge deal in itself, but Floro had both Tissot and Morgan to choose from for LB and he picked Ouimette. Just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever to play someone out of position when there are other options. If Ouimette unreal out there than so be it, but he's um, adequate? That's about it...

I love JDG for everything he gave the NT, but it's time to move on ... Not sure why Floro thinks so highly of him at this point in his career. I'd even be ok with him sitting on the bench. Just don't start him.

At least there is logic behind why Floro wants JDG in the lineup. Experienced and good at keeping posession (minus that give away) lol.

I mean, in a way, it was a fine game ... we created about 6-8 quality chances and could have had 3 or 4 goals. But we didn't finish, as usual, and got only 2 goals. We didn't concede, and they never really threatened us ... maybe 1 chance.

If not for the RC to Borjan, I would have been fine. It's just ... that is so Canada, isn't it. Always have to make it interesting. It's not like Stama will have a lot to do in the home game, but still ... I don't really trust him.

We shouldn't be satisfied with creating 6-8 chances. This should have been 1-way traffic all game. There was ZERO creativity out there. I am sick of casually knocking the ball around, working the ball down the flank, and putting in crosses. Same old story.

Nik Ledgerwood is the definition of meh.

How is Ledgerwood anymore "meh" than Ouimette? Does he get a free pass because he's 23? I'm sorry but the kid offers nothing going forward from FB, aside from a willingness to make a run from time to time. At least Ledgerwood looks more comfortable, but I suppose he wouldn't if he was playing as a left back...

People need to relax. There will be changes. I'd like JDG to ride the bench. I still think someone like Keven Aleman could have been useful.

I've just managed to watch the first half, and from what I saw, I'm not surprised we scored only 2 goals because it looked like the guys were walking on the field at some moments. IMO, with tonight's starting XI, we should have scored more but the team wasn't willing to work hard.

People need to relax. There will be changes. I'd like JDG to ride the bench. I still think someone like Keven Aleman could have been useful.

Right?

Then again, Aleman has offensive talent, so he probably would have just sat on the bench next to Osorio...

Ouimette did what he could. He wasn't bad, but he doesn't have a left foot and as a result the little, simple things are awkward. Not a huge deal in itself, but Floro had both Tissot and Morgan to choose from for LB and he picked Ouimette. Just doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever to play someone out of position when there are other options. If Ouimette unreal out there than so be it, but he's um, adequate? That's about it...

Floro didnt put our best team out there. Looked like he was giving guys experience and rewarding james for playing in his home town. He rested edgar and edgar wasnt even injured.

Of course there are other better options. But floro is thinking long term. Everythingn he does is thought out and for a reason. Its a slow crawl to the world cup, not a race.

How is Ledgerwood anymore "meh" than Ouimette? Does he get a free pass because he's 23? I'm sorry but the kid offers nothing going forward from FB, aside from a willingness to make a run from time to time. At least Ledgerwood looks more comfortable, but I suppose he wouldn't if he was playing as a left back...

Im not sure if you were watching the same game as everyone. A lot of posters including myself thought ouimette played a good game. Lots of overlapping runs down the flank.

Right?

Then again, Aleman has offensive talent, so he probably would have just sat on the bench next to Osorio...

I trust floro more than i do us posters on this forum. Whose to say floro isnt going to start osorio johnson and edgar next game?

You sound like you think he isnt doing a good job.

I've just managed to watch the first half, and from what I saw, I'm not surprised we scored only 2 goals because it looked like the guys were walking on the field at some moments. IMO, with tonight's starting XI, we should have scored more but the team wasn't willing to work hard.

THIS.

There was zero urgency out there and it was a totally complacent effort. Just enough effort to walk out with some command of the tie.

We should have pounded that team, not given them a second of space. Pressed as if we were facing Colombia, and treating this match like a qualifier. We played down to their level, took too many touches, thought we were hot shots by putting the ball in the air when swinging the ball around the back and putting defenders under unecessary pressure.

Maybe it's the emotion talking because I always give Floro the benefit of the doubt, as you probably noticed.

But.......

2-0 against Dominica. Let that sink in for a second. We looked like shit. How much did we beat St. Lucia last cycle at this stage? 4-0. Now we have a better coach, ample opportunity to work out the kinks, and all we got to show for it is a Larin goal and a PK goal. Would we have even scored if not for Larin.

Then, strange player selections in friendlies I can stomach but the time to stop fucking around is WCQ. Do you guys think this was actually the best team we could field? Someone should be held accountable because frankly it was a dissapointment, and most are lowering their expectations rather than calling a spade-a-spade.

Okay, I think I got it all out now.

*inhales in paper bag*

:)

Edit: YES, I am questioning Floro.

We also tied st kitts at this stage 4 years ago. And puerto rico.

Someone should be held accountable? Lol do you want floro fired tonight because he didnt play edgar and osorio?

You're going to have a heart attack. Take a deep breath. We won 2-0 on the road in wcq. If you're getting this worked up over the first game you wont make it through this round of qualifying.

We'll be just fine.

Not prepared to cast judgment after this match. Clearly a second choice XI on a cricket pitch and they got the result they needed. But if they don't do more than that on Tuesday, it is time to begin to worry.

Some people were praising Akindele after the first half. I thought he tried to do too much on many occasions, either holding the ball too long and losing possession, or attempting a pass that wasn't there. 

Let's be honest, some of us on the board could have done what Ouimette did tonight.  He didn't attempt one cross did he?  He just played as simple as possible against a pub league attack and laid off simple passes to JDG, Teibert or Akindele.  He wasn't bad at all but he definitely didn't have a stand out game.  I wouldn't mind seeing him at right back though in all honesty just to see what kind of service he could offer.  Put Tissot or Morgan at left back, we desperately need some service from that side next match.  

JDG apart from the giveaway wasn't bad.  He's the best we have for his role so we're gonna have to live with it.  And shocking, he actually uses two feet on the pitch unlike most of our players.. he actually was the only player apart from Teibert to attempt a cross with his left from that side.  Akindele may have tried a low ball from that side with his left.  The JDG giveaway was bad but it could be anyone.. still wasn't as bad as his through ball to Robinho in 2008.

Teibert was very good in spurts but he drifted in and out of the game.  He was very good on the ball and the bad pitch didn't seem to affect him nearly as much as some of our other players such as Ricketts.  

Archived