Dominica vs. Canada June 11th 2015 Pre/In/Post game thread

jpg75

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we had made our 3 subs then what? Would we have had to play without a goalie? Or could someone already on the field go in and be designated a keeper?

This.  Happened to us in 2007 u20 World Cup as Bourgault needed to go in.

Lmfao here we go. First game of this qualifying cycle and crap like this gets posted.

You dont make the world cup based on one game.

Yeah, by wacky low level CONCACAF qualifying games this one went surprisingly to plan outside of the Borjan red.

Really poor performance. Beating a pub team 2-0 and not really having a lot of chances to get more goals is unacceptable. Canada displayed a real lack of technique and creativity in all areas. 

Lot of work to be done yet.

Yeah pity about Milan especially since Dominica didn't threaten all match. Goes to show you what can happen in a one brief moment.

Never thought we'd start qualifying with James and Straith as our centre backs but good to get them in and a clean sheet shouldn't hurt their confidence. 

I thought that we would have seen Haber, Johnson and/or Osorio in at some point in the match. The red didn't help but eager to see what they and Edgar can do on Tuesday. 

Anything less than a win would have been terrible so I guess we'll take this go home and hopefully see a better overall performance.  

I mean, in a way, it was a fine game ... we created about 6-8 quality chances and could have had 3 or 4 goals.  But we didn't finish, as usual, and got only 2 goals.  We didn't concede, and they never really threatened us ... maybe 1 chance.

If not for the RC to Borjan, I would have been fine.  It's just ... that is so Canada, isn't it.  Always have to make it interesting.  It's not like Stama will have a lot to do in the home game, but still ... I don't really trust him.

The Borjan card was so ridiculous.

But if someone had come up to you before the game and said "how would you feel about a 2-0 win, Akindele capped, a ton of young kids in the line up and noone gets hurt?" I would've taken it.

Archived