Proof I'm not a Bandwagoner

IceCreamMan

For when we make the World Cup.... in 2026

Been reading the forum very regularly since the draw came out for 2014 qualifying but only starting posting in the last few months. Living in Calgary and being basically the only one I know who follows the team is a bit tough, but this forum has been a great outlet for my CMNT obsession. Would love to make it out to a game some time, but finding it difficult to convince any of my friends to tag along.  Anyways good luck to the boys tonight and hopefully I'll be able to make it out to a game sometime and meet some of my fellow Voyageurs.

Jeremy

Been reading the forum very regularly since the draw came out for 2014 qualifying but only starting posting in the last few months. Living in Calgary and being basically the only one I know who follows the team is a bit tough, but this forum has been a great outlet for my CMNT obsession. Would love to make it out to a game some time, but finding it difficult to convince any of my friends to tag along. Anyways good luck to the boys tonight and hopefully I'll be able to make it out to a game sometime and meet some of my fellow Voyageurs.

Jeremy

There's a fair amount of crossover between the Footsoldiers and Voyageurs if you didn't already know that.

There's a fair amount of crossover between the Footsoldiers and Voyageurs if you didn't already know that.

Yeah I thought there might be. The PDL isn't quite as interesting to me considering the level. I mean I like the idea of it and I'm glad there is something but its hard to convince anyone to go see a bunch of semi pro players. 

I understand what you're saying in terms of being the only one you know following the CanMNT. I've felt it too. When Ottawa was in PDL, I joined the supporters group and it helped (this forum does too). Even if PDL may not be your cup of tea, meeting others who share a passion for local footy, bringing supporter atmosphere to those low-level games, and generally interacting with the club helps with finding people who are into the national teams.

I understand what you're saying in terms of being the only one you know following the CanMNT. I've felt it too. When Ottawa was in PDL, I joined the supporters group and it helped (this forum does too). Even if PDL may not be your cup of tea, meeting others who share a passion for local footy, bringing supporter atmosphere to those low-level games, and generally interacting with the club helps with finding people who are into the national teams.

Bingo. And actually the Foothills game was much higher quality than I anticipated. It's win-win :)

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been reading the forum very regularly since the draw came out for 2014 qualifying but only starting posting in the last few months. Living in Calgary and being basically the only one I know who follows the team is a bit tough, but this forum has been a great outlet for my CMNT obsession. Would love to make it out to a game some time, but finding it difficult to convince any of my friends to tag along.  Anyways good luck to the boys tonight and hopefully I'll be able to make it out to a game sometime and meet some of my fellow Voyageurs.

Jeremy

welcome! Coming out to the view party here in Calgary? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived