FIFA Women's World Cup Canada 2015 - Infographic

Though my heart wants Canada, I'm picking France (Les Bleues) because their team is their prime and  there are no major player injuries  at the moment. Although bookies seem to be picking  Germany  or  the USA and hinting that France will choke again.

I think France and Germany are the Tier 1 most likely to win. After that I would put Japan and USA into Tier 2 followed closely by Brazil and Canada at Tier 2.5. Sweden, England, Norway and any other up and comers that surprise would be in Tier 3.

I am unconvinced by the USA to win as the team looked very disjointed at times against Australia and two players got them through it on their individual talents. Rapinoe took care of the scoring and Hope Solo had an excellent game to prevent AUS from scoring. In a similar way, I think Japan had all they could handle in their opening match and Switzerland was very unlucky to not get at least a draw. Most teams will have had a chance to study their tactics and figure out how to shut them down; no surprises like in 2011. Didn't see enough of Brazil's game to form a real good opinion but you never know. Canada will need to improve in order to go really deep in this tournament.

Archived