OTL: Hope Solo's Redemption Tour Is Utter Bullshit

BuzzAndSting

Has anyone read the Outside The Lines report on the Hope Solo domestic violence charges? After the incident she had gone on Good Morning America claiming she was the victim.

Some of the highlights of the actual incident from the police reports, depositions and interviews:

"According to the report, a drunk Solo was waiting for her half-sister, Teresa Obert, and nephew at Obert’s home. A little before 1 a.m., Solo and the nephew began trading insults, and according to his deposition, Solo punched and struck the nephew multiple times before he was able to subdue her. At that point, Obert said in her deposition she entered the room, saw Solo was subdued and calming down, and asked her son to let Solo go. That’s when things escalated. From the report:

But when Obert’s son let Solo go, he told police she “immediately grabbed his hair, pulled his head down and started punching him in the face repeatedly.” Later, in the deposition, he said Solo “jumped on top of me and started bashing my head into the cement” inside the garage.

“She grabbed him by the head and she kept slamming him into the cement over and over again,” Obert told Outside the Lines. “So I came from behind her, and I pulled her over and, you know, to get her off my son. And then, once she got off, she started punching me in the face over and over again.”

Obert’s nephew would defend himself against Solo with a wooden broomstick, which he broke in half by striking it against Solo’s head as she refused to leave, according to his deposition."

Highlights from police report of after Solo was arrested:

"Solo was repeatedly insulting [Cpl. Robert] Russell and [sgt. Phil] Goguen, according to the report, and it was Goguen whom she informed that her necklace was worth more than he made in a year. As Russell was fingerprinting Solo, she “made numerous statements that I was not worth anything, and should be proud to have such authority.”

As she was being told to walk to the search area, Solo pulled away from an officer, leading her to be taken to a holding cell. There, Russell wrote, “officers took [solo] to the ground to gain her compliance.” It was at this point, Russell wrote, that Solo told one of the officers that if she weren’t in handcuffs, “I’d kick your ass.”

Outside The Lines goes on to report that no one from US Soccer attempted to obtain police reports or even contacted the Kirkland Police Department about the incident.

Solo is f'in ghetto. Her husband is an alleged rapist from his college days and they deserve each other.

She comes from a very tough upbringing. She born from a conjugal visit between her criminal father and mother. Her dad was in and out of her life because he had second family her and her mom never knew about.

Archived