shamrock

Liam Fraser

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

Yes good that Fraser gets this long awaited chance in the team in place of Bradley, but I am not convinced DM is his best position. 

It is better to get in the team as the 6 than not at all, obviously, and it's a job I expect Fraser to do well, but I see his potential as an 8 the more I watch him.

If he is a true DM, he certainly did a good job for Canada masquerading as an 8.

With any luck, he'll take over Delgado's role once Bradley returns. With Pozuelo, Osorio, Delgado, Bradley and Fraser, Toronto are more than set in the midfield and could possibly even trade or sell one of them on.

They are all starting quality MLS players and it's starting to feel like one too many cooks in the kitchen, especially if Fraser proves himself like we all expect him to.

Really? I see him as more of a 6 than Bradley. 

I think he will start with Delgado and Osorio with pozuelo on a wing to start the year. 

We are making the assumption that Fraser even starts in Bradley's place, it would not surprise me to see Vanney play Delgado or even Deleon in that position, if Fraser does get to start I expect he will be on a very short leash and there won't be much room for error!

12 minutes ago, gator said:

We are making the assumption that Fraser even starts in Bradley's place, it would not surprise me to see Vanney play Delgado or even Deleon in that position, if Fraser does get to start I expect he will be on a very short leash and there won't be much room for error!

Awwww, Gator..we were having a moment!!  Now you went and ruined it with what Vanney will probably do, bury a CDN prospect with a ****** american journeyman.  

Delgado has some glaring holes but his motor is head and shoulders above any of the mids on the team, including Bradley, and that's what gets him the minutes.  

13 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

Really? I see him as more of a 6 than Bradley. 

I think he will start with Delgado and Osorio with pozuelo on a wing to start the year. 

Most people think he is a natural 6.

I think he can play well as a 6.

I also suspect he can evolve into an 8.

He was pretty dynamic in the Kaye role against the US and especially against Iceland. 

I am not advocating for him to play as an 8 per se, I am just pointing out that he is showing characteristics which suggest he can play further up field.

Bradley is kind of the opposite. He evolved from an 8 into a 6 due to age.

Edited by Obinna