shamrock

Liam Fraser

Not really mentioned in the twitter post, but based on the interview, he talks about trying to respect Fraser's needs to grow. It really did sound like he isn't ruling out selling Fraser.  At least, that's the impression I got from it.

If Bradley comes back, there's no chance he'll play. Worse if it's a multiple year contract. 

More minutes available for Fraser now with the Chapman trade.  Combined with the Vanney comments I think many on here are going to get their wish next season and see Fraser more involved in TFC's play.

It's about opening up midfield first team minutes not about being a direct replacement. 

Chapman being traded opens 500+ midfield minutes to other players.  No reason why Fraser can't get some of that pie.  Not every time Fraser gets on the field is going to be because Michael Bradley is coming off. 

Isn't Marky Delgado the one standing in Fraser's way? Bradley as well

I'm a big fan of Liam Fraser. Would love to see him move on. I think he would be a great fit in English football

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

Isn't Marky Delgado the one standing in Fraser's way? Bradley as well

I'm a big fan of Liam Fraser. Would love to see him move on. I think he would be a great fit in English football

The way Vanney moves guys around in the midfield and depending on the formation etc...Delgado is taking up the spot where Fraser could get some more minutes.  But Vanney has deemed him irreplaceable (even more so than Bradley) and he led the team in minutes this year.  What was true for Chapman also works here, there is a roadblock in front of him.  And judging on Vanneys preferences its probably best Fraser gets out sooner than later.  If Bradley isnt resigned its a whole new ballgame.  

Delgado is the consummate MLS player. Consistently competent, not much flash, gets the job done and disappears into the woodwork. He'll be Vanney's guy as long as he's steady. Fraser has a lot more cutting edge, he's just stuck in a ****** situation.

Based on his comments in this article, he's hoping to go to Europe at some point.. I think that would be fantastic for him and us:

“Playing with better players in general pushes me to want to be a better player and think at a faster pace,” he said. “It’s great competition and a great opportunity but it’s also a good stepping stone, to maybe realize what could be across the pond and what I have to develop in order to get over there.”

from: https://canpl.ca/article/no-friendly-nothin-canmnts-fraser-hoping-to-play-spoiler-vs-michael-bradley

Chapman leaving doesn't change a thing. He was not getting called up and when he did play, he played out of position out wide.

He isn't going to be picked over Delgado. Different style of play, they have different roles. The only player in Fraser's way is Bradley. That's it. And if Bradley plays, Fraser won't see the bench. I really see him going on loan or being let go.