Liam Fraser

shamrock

57 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

So he’s obviously not rated by Vanney, the question becomes what does he do now ? Priso is clearly ahead of him, even with some changes this off-season Vanney apparently believes there’s even more talent in the Academy that hasn’t been signed yet, Marshall Rutty should be a starter or close to it next season and Jayden Nelson will start, I guess a trade is coming for Fraser ?

Fraser's contract is up after this season. He's most likely just gonna refuse to re-sign and look elsewhere. Really no point in him staying.

If he leaves TFC, would it be crazy for him to end up at York9?

Baldisimo is barely getting PT for a really bad Vancouver team so Fraser likely wont play there. 

Montreal is full of 6's so hes not a fit there either. 

Its not likely he would get signed due to the international rules in the States right? 

24 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

If he leaves TFC, would it be crazy for him to end up at York9?

Baldisimo is barely getting PT for a really bad Vancouver team so Fraser likely wont play there. 

Montreal is full of 6's so hes not a fit there either. 

Its not likely he would get signed due to the international rules in the States right? 

Isn’t he a homegrown signing? If so, I believe he should be considered domestic for American teams too

5 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

Isn’t he a homegrown signing? If so, I believe he should be considered domestic for American teams too

He’s a homegrown so he’s domestic and I’m fairly certain he’ll get a chance elsewhere in MLS, Rollins touched on this, if not my guess would be Europe before Can PL.

staying at TFC really hurt him.

I’ll say it again, he might be best suited to drop back into a CB role. The modern day CDM needs a lot of movement which he lacks, and he just simply isn’t quick enough. I think his ability to read the game from a deeper position, while allowing him to make long passes out the back could benefit his game as he requires to much time on the ball to make key passes.

I hope he leaves Toronto this year... let’s see what happens.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night's appearance was hopefully his last for TFC, I want him to move on, he did what he usually does, provides good defence and passes the ball really well out of the back! Although MB had his best hour or so since his return from injury, he was walking in the park, he faded badly and if a coach can't see what almost everyone else watching the match can maybe that isn't the coach Fraser should be playing for! I think he will do well in the right set up elsewhere if given a chance!

1 minute ago, gator said:

Last night's appearance was hopefully his last for TFC, I want him to move on, he did what he usually does, provides good defence and passes the ball really well out of the back! Although MB had his best hour or so since his return from injury, he was walking in the park, he faded badly and if a coach can't see what almost everyone else watching the match can maybe that isn't the coach Fraser should be playing for! I think he will do well in the right set up elsewhere if given a chance!

Vanney got it wrong yesterday.  Ayo deserved to start ahead of Jozy.  As for MB, he was actually still one of Toronto's best players yesterday.  However, since his return from injury Toronto's midfield has not been the same.  TFC were playing some of their best ball without Bradley and with Osorio leading the midfield.  The chemistry never clicked once Bradley returned to the lineup.

The team seemed to be missing pace. For sure Ayo should have started ahead of Jozy, but it was also a game that screamed for Jayden Nelson. Laryea didn't seem 100% fit and neither did Altidore. If that was him being fully fit this really may be the beginning of the end for him, at least when it comes to leading the line for Toronto. I could be reading too much into last night, but Jozy just doesn't have the legs to lead the line anymore. He is a good footballer though, so he can still facilitate if someone else (Ayo) is doing all the running. Not sure that will fly at his salary though.

It really does feel like changes are coming. I am more uncertain about Altidore than ever, unless he takes a big pay cut, but I still think there is room for Bradley considering his age, salary and contribution. 

As for Fraser, I am almost ready to jump on the "Vanney doesn't rate him" bandwagon. I had a different opinion before, but at this stage I think he is better off leaving than not. 

Vanney got many things wrong last night, it's easy to second guess but myself and others expressed these opinions before kick off, it may be time for Vanney to move on as well as some veteran players, it's been a good run for the club, changes are needed all round though! Vanney showed too much loyalty to veterans who weren't performing and is reluctant to play youth unless it is forced upon him, Fraser probably would have had more opportunity under many other managers!

6 hours ago, Corazon said:

Vanney got it wrong yesterday.  Ayo deserved to start ahead of Jozy.  As for MB, he was actually still one of Toronto's best players yesterday.  However, since his return from injury Toronto's midfield has not been the same.  TFC were playing some of their best ball without Bradley and with Osorio leading the midfield.  The chemistry never clicked once Bradley returned to the lineup.

Agreed, and I think TFC's overall record this year with Bradley starting would support this observation.

I think tfc is in that stage where they still think they can win with the old guard. There caught with having players past there prime still making big dollars and are names. Not sure if there’s many managers there who would bench Bradley and altidore 

watching the game last night tfc had the pace of a geriatric nursing home all star team. Gonzalez looked slow and Bradley must cover as much ground as the goalkeeper. He made no effort to track any runners. 

if tfc was smart they would start integrating some of the younger players in the lineup and look to reinvest there big money into some younger international players

Breaking News - Vanney has stepped down as Head Coach of Toronto FC.  Maybe that was the reasoning behind signing the extension.

Thanks for 3 finals in 5 years but it was time for Vanney to move on in my opinion.  Especially with the youth development direction the club seems to be going in.

Edited by Corazon

4 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Breaking News - Vanney has stepped down as Head Coach of Toronto FC.  Maybe that was the reasoning behind signing the extension.

Thanks for 3 finals in 5 years but it was time to move on in my opinion.  Especially with the youth development direction the club seems to be going in.

Did he just get Dwayne Casey’d?