Liam Fraser

shamrock

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Decent game so far. I don’t know though, I am kinda more impressed with Baldisimo.

Baldisimo is 2 years younger and probably has a clearer path to regular first-team minutes, so Fraser should be concerned. If TFC won't play him, he should push a move. Both look like they have the potential to be very good.

Fraser is playing a bit conservatively and is focusing on keeping the ball instead of bypassing Piatti and Pozuelo with forward passing. Too bad he couldn't find decent contact on those two shots but he's making some good late runs. The bad contact on first-time shots is a bit more excusable because the ball doesn't settle well on this turf. Overall he hasn't done worse in that role than Bradley does but hasn't done anything to stand out.

Baldisimo looks confident and like he's been given a bit of licence, he's been a key starting piece of everything the Whitecaps have done and has taken care of the ball well when the Whitecaps need to relieve pressure. Was hoping he'd take that free kick. Would love it if we had another option from set pieces.

1 hour ago, Lansdude said:

Fraser is playing a bit conservatively and is focusing on keeping the ball instead of bypassing Piatti and Pozuelo with forward passing. Too bad he couldn't find decent contact on those two shots but he's making some good late runs. The bad contact on first-time shots is a bit more excusable because the ball doesn't settle well on this turf. Overall he hasn't done worse in that role than Bradley does but hasn't done anything to stand out.

Baldisimo looks confident and like he's been given a bit of licence, he's been a key starting piece of everything the Whitecaps have done and has taken care of the ball well when the Whitecaps need to relieve pressure. Was hoping he'd take that free kick. Would love it if we had another option from set pieces.

Yeah, Fraser was tidy enough, but seemed tentative. Maybe he was just playing safe.

Love Baldisimo's vision and long range passing and the willingness to move the ball quickly. Remind me of a much younger Pedro Morales, but maybe more tenacious in defense than Pedro.  Well taken goal.  Kid has promise, for sure.

Hopefully this puts an end to this Fraser not getting enough playing time because he is Canadian crap. Can’t remember when I can honestly say he has ever had a good game when he has played for TFC. Somebody please tell me a game when he has come on the field and played well? I’m waiting, anybody? He had a few good minutes against the US and ever since he has been anointed on here as the second coming of Messi . Oh ya because he is Canadian that’s why he is not seeing the field . Let’s see Osorio is Canadian , Laryea  is Canadian how the hell do they get playing time people tell me ? Could it be because when they were given the chance they took it ? Maybe they got playing time on merit , could that be why? I wonder hmm? Fraser needs to step up when given the chance and I’m sorry people he has not whenever he has been given the chance I’m sorry!

5 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Hopefully this puts an end to this Fraser not getting enough playing time because he is Canadian crap. Can’t remember when I can honestly say he has ever had a good game when he has played for TFC. Somebody please tell me a game when he has come on the field and played well? I’m waiting, anybody? He had a few good minutes against the US and ever since he has been anointed on here as the second coming of Messi . Oh ya because he is Canadian that’s why he is not seeing the field . Let’s see Osorio is Canadian , Laryea  is Canadian how the hell do they get playing time people tell me ? Could it be because when they were given the chance they took it ? Maybe they got playing time on merit , could that be why? I wonder hmm? Fraser needs to step up when given the chance and I’m sorry people he has not whenever he has been given the chance I’m sorry!

Probably one of the shittest takes I've read on this board. And that's saying something. 😭

June 2019

In his third start of the season, Liam Fraser was named to the Week 14 MLS Team of The Week bench thanks to a strong outing in Vancouver.

With captain Michael Bradley out with injury, Fraser stepped up and made good on his opportunity in the midfield for the Reds, which impressed head coach Greg Vanney.

"I thought he was excellent… He is so good under pressure, so good at spraying the ball with all different passes.”

The 21-year old completed 94.8% (92 of 97) of his passes in Toronto FC's draw against the 'Caps. 

---

Nobody calling the kid a second Messi , that post was disgustingly extreme (ever once had a good game), really? I realize maybe some liquor might have been flowing from that time of post but common.

Everyone on here just wants to see a young Canadian kid get minutes and constantly get them, so he can improve. Yes he needs to earn them of course, but it does appear TFC may not be the best fit to get regular minutes at this point in his career.

Don't think he was bad nor good yesterday ( my opinion).

I really don't understand the negative spin a few posters on here have on him, why all the hate for a Canadian kid? I must be watching a different game sometimes, once again I watched him very closely last night to see where all of this poor play is, his positioning was excellent, someone mentioned him being conservative, I'm sure those were directions from Vanney! His passing was very accurate, I haven't seen stats, he was always in space and a welcome outlet to receive a pass and start attacking play! The only poor part of his match were a couple of long range shots he skied but guess what, a multi million dollar Designated Player who is paid handsomely to score did the same thing!

1 hour ago, apbsmith said:

June 2019

In his third start of the season, Liam Fraser was named to the Week 14 MLS Team of The Week bench thanks to a strong outing in Vancouver.

With captain Michael Bradley out with injury, Fraser stepped up and made good on his opportunity in the midfield for the Reds, which impressed head coach Greg Vanney.

"I thought he was excellent… He is so good under pressure, so good at spraying the ball with all different passes.”

The 21-year old completed 94.8% (92 of 97) of his passes in Toronto FC's draw against the 'Caps. 

---

Nobody calling the kid a second Messi , that post was disgustingly extreme (ever once had a good game), really? I realize maybe some liquor might have been flowing from that time of post but common.

Everyone on here just wants to see a young Canadian kid get minutes and constantly get them, so he can improve. Yes he needs to earn them of course, but it does appear TFC may not be the best fit to get regular minutes at this point in his career.

Don't think he was bad nor good yesterday ( my opinion).

@SoccMan

Gotta make sure you see this.

55 minutes ago, gator said:

I really don't understand the negative spin a few posters on here have on him, why all the hate for a Canadian kid?

It's a little known fact that there are several posters on this board who own purebred dogs and run them in the same dog show competition. As it happens, a truck driven by Liam's second cousin twice removed plowed through this dog show last year, squashing the dogs in question A Fish Called Wanda style. The posters in question bear a grudge against Liam as a result.

That may be hard to believe, but I find it more believable than many of the hate-filled assessments of his performance that I read on this board.

Ya I'm not sure what he did wrong yesterday that got this reaction. He wasn't a standout, especially compared to other games, but he really didn't do anything wrong either. It's life. People really giving up on him for 1 average performance lol.

His quickness on making forward passes and decisions is actually a breath of fresh air compared to what we get with Bradley, who tends to hold on to the ball too long and kill attacks because of it at times.

Edited by Colliedor

1 hour ago, Colliedor said:

Ya I'm not sure what he did wrong yesterday that got this reaction. He wasn't a standout, especially compared to other games, but he really didn't do anything wrong either. It's life. People really giving up on him for 1 average performance lol.

His quickness on making forward passes and decisions is actually a breath of fresh air compared to what we get with Bradley, who tends to hold on to the ball too long and kill attacks because of it at times.

Don't understand it, either.  TFC were calling the tune in midfield possession and he was part of the linking play, which is his essential job.  Not sure what more folks are expecting in that holding/keep-the-rolling midfield role.

Well, his long range shooting attempts were poor in this game (maybe magnified by the wonder strike from his opposite Canadian number for the Whitecaps) but that's pretty much the only negative thing I think you can honestly say about the performance. And it's not like Bradley's been able to hit the side of a barn with his long range shooting in the last 3 years for TFC either. Just seems strange to go on a tirade against the player for a game like this where he was clearly not to blame for any of the goals against (there are several flagrant culprits in that regard) and kept his team in possession extremely well.

He did what he had to do, I remember him out positioning  Milenkovic and coming out with ball like it was nothing (Milenkovic bossed a few others around) , completed most passes, maybe a few poor touches in the first ten. But there’s nothing he could have done more of in his role, Toronto had most of the possession and he was very tidy in everything he did.

I thought he was alright. Ayo didn't do much in my opinion.

Osorio was very impressive last night even though he should have scored a couple more.

It's painful to watch Vancouver play but I was happy with Baldisimo & Cornelius performances and glad Cav was finally able to bag a goal too.

Hasal 7 saves - Westberg 0 saves

Thanks to some injuries we now have 2 new Canadian keepers getting minutes in MLS.  Hasal has done well for the injured Crepeau and Ranjitsingh & now St. Clair getting some minutes for Minnesota as well.  Given Ranjitsingh seems more connected to TNT, I hope St. Clair can get some more starts after his shut out today.

Edited by Corazon