WWC 2015 - Group A - June 6 - Canada vs. China [R]

mtlfan

My vote goes to Kadeisha Buchanan as WOTM.

Yes, I have to agree with that.  I just hope she's not overdoing it at the start.

And I give honourable mention to Sinclair.  She made herself available all over the place, and didn't get much wrong when on the ball.

Recalling the kick and chase style of the past, it was a pleasure to see Canada dominate in terms of possession - even if it did not generate much in the way of scoring opportunities. 

I agree the Buchanan was POTM.  Thought that Kyle gave the team some energy when she came in but don't recall any long passes she attempted that came anywhere close to the target.

Not sure whether the passing at the back was tentitive or just lazy, but it was certainly dangerous - gave the Chinese their only real scoring chances and led to Scott's yellow card.  Curious to see if that trend continues in the next match. 

The women's possession was solid but their linking in the final third was poor. There were a lot of long balls into nowhere. Mind you China was packing the middle and had little going forward so it was hard to open them up.

Buchanen was a beast. Jessie Fleming made an immediate impact. When Schmidt was moved forward it also changed. Smart tactics from Herdman. You could see in the last 15 min that the tactics led to increased pressure and a few shots on net.

Lineup choices will be interesting in the next game. I wonder if Matheson gets a sub appearance.

Scott play's like that pretty consistently, if you watch old game film you see the same thing.  It's why she was voted to the Olympic All-XI team.  She's a wonderful player and a wonderful story.

although we do have a couple of obvious weaknesses that will be our undoing if they are not somehow corrected.

I give you a lot of credit for not slagging people and shaping it that way.

Archived