WNT in FIFA 16

theaub

Although, reading gems like: 

Can you imagine female footballers on Fifa 16. "Your striker is unavailable for selection this week as she is on her period"

It makes it easier for me to move on when I realize these people are clearly morons.

Although, reading gems like:

Can you imagine female footballers on Fifa 16. "Your striker is unavailable for selection this week as she is on her period"

It makes it easier for me to move on when I realize these people are clearly morons.

That comment was obviously from Newt Gingrich :)

Not to rain on the womens parade , but I hope this means that the MNT will FINALLY be in the game considering they have the kits and ish.

The CSA press release phrased it slightly ambiguously.

Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) today announced that EA SPORTS™ FIFA 16 will feature 12 Women’s National Teams for the first time in franchise history - including Canada - when it launches this September in North America. The Women’s teams will all represent their respective federations in several FIFA 16 game modes including Kick Off, an Offline Tournament, as well as Online* Friendly Matches.

EA SPORTS™ FIFA 16 also marks the return of Canada to the game.

“We’re truly excited to not only see Canada back, but to have our Canadian Women’s National Team featured is a testament to the growth of the women’s game and the connection this team has created with our country and fans worldwide,” said Peter Montopoli, Canada Soccer General Secretary.

That "also marks the return of Canada to the game" could simply mean that the WNT being in the game is Canada's return, or it could mean that Canada is returning in general. There doesn't seem to be a list of men's teams yet.

I feel that EA sports games are eerily accurate in predicting the real world game across multiple team sports. I'd be tempted to remove Sinclair, Tancredi, Matheson and Mcleod from the roster line up just to see how well the CANWNT competes against other opponents. This could provide a glimpse into  how competitive the CANWNT will be in the future when all the 30-somethings retire from international competition

The CSA press release phrased it slightly ambiguously.

That "also marks the return of Canada to the game" could simply mean that the WNT being in the game is Canada's return, or it could mean that Canada is returning in general. There doesn't seem to be a list of men's teams yet.

Both Canadian teams should be in the game. After all, the game is made in Canada! 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

- wondering if Janine Beckie will be on the CANWNT roster and can she be played as a keeper?

- RUMOUR:  'virtual Christina Pedersen '  might officiate  a CANWNT game.

Thinking no. Seeing that retired Sasic is still in the game, I highly doubt that they'll change rosters from the World Cup teams. Still, I can't even understand how Vero Boquete isn't in the top 20.

[ 1 ] Vero Boquete is a great player. Would have had her in the top 20 -- ahead of Seger.  Didn't like Vero Boquete with the Portland Thorns though -- she tended to overhandle the ball in the midfield and didn't combine well with Christine Sinclair. Overall, there was too much unsuccessful individual play/selfish individual play with the Portland Thorns over the last 2 years -- namely Jessica McDonald, Allie Long, Tobin Heath, Vero Boquete.

[ 2 ] A little curious about Selenia Iachelli's FIFA 16 numbers/ratings.

[ 1 ] Vero Boquete a great player. Would have had her in the top 20 -- ahead of Seger.  Didn't like Vero Boquete with the Portland Thorns though -- she tended to overhandle the ball in the midfield and didn't combine well with Christine Sinclair. Overall, there was too much unsuccessful individual play/selfish individual play with the Portland Thorns over the last 2 years -- namely Jessica McDonald, Allie Long, Tobin Heath, Vero Boquete.

[ 2 ] A little curious about Selenia Iachelli's FIFA 16 numbers/ratings.

Wow.  I hadn't even considered the possibility of Iachelli in FIFA 16.  I guess she probably is in there but that just seems so wrong.

Archived