WCQ June 11 & 16 - CanMNT v Dominica - Roster LEAKS

So reports out there that Marcus Haber and David Edgar have been called for the June games against Dominica. No surprises with these two. It's still early but any other info out there? I would imagine the official roster will be out June 4th, the Thursday before the first game as per the CSA usual timeline.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You figure he has to be there although I haven't looked at Orlando schedule.

Edit: Orlando is at home on Sunday the 14th.

If canada wants him there mls cant hold him back.

Time for MLS to become a big boy league and respect the fifa calendar.

While I'll never fault a man for loving Canada, I'm still not much of a Haber fan. Edgar is a given. I hope we see an Aird or someone similar get called in to get cap-tied.

Haber has been our best european striker this year. The man deserves a call up.

As for Aird, he's fallen off a bit this year, playing for Rangers U20 instead of the full team.

I'm very up and down on Haber, but this is an up period for me. He is full value for a call up and has put together some good preformances for club and country recently.

I don't particularly like that we bring in guys from 3rd tier, even if England's is amongst the best - but more and more I am placing more emphasis on whether or not they are putting the ball in the net (which he is). Costa Rica and Honduras have domestic players who are scoring at a similar (or truth be told - inferior) level of play - so who cares really...

Haber is the best European-based striker we have in right now. Would be sheer idiocy to not call him up.

Also, from what I understand Opare is not eligible right now. Not only that but I rank him behind Edgar, Hainault (who has played CB before) and Jaokvic I imagine we see a few U-23's as the senior camps are being used to evaluate the roster so that means Gasparotto and James will most likely be at camp as well.

Haber is the best European-based striker we have in right now. Would be sheer idiocy to not call him up.

Also, from what I understand Opare is not eligible right now. Not only that but I rank him behind Edgar, Hainault (who has played CB before) and Jaokvic I imagine we see a few U-23's as the senior camps are being used to evaluate the roster so that means Gasparotto and James will most likely be at camp as well.

I don't think we'll see U23s unless they actually make the team at this stage.  James has had a good look and it seems he's part of the plan.

Exactly. Floro said he will call the best team possible for this round. If they are U23 like James than so be it. Would be shocked to see Gasparotto. My prediction for the backs are

Edgar

Morgan

de Jong

Hainault

Jakovic

James

Ledgerwood

Ouimette might squeeze in if Ledgerwood is listed as a midfielder. Morgan looks poised to earn selection ahead of Adekugbe. De Jong's injury might open a door for him however.

Yeah he seems to be on the fence but for me he's not on the outside looking in yet. Henry's absence helps him out this round - Otherwise I think he's really battling with James for one of those CB spots. Out of Henry/Edgar/Jakovic/Hainualt I think his spot is the least secure despite having the most experience

is De Jong injured? Also how seriously was adekugbe hurt last night?

Borjan has solidified his number 1 spot. He has been absolutely on fire in Serbia helping his team move from last place to mid table. Hopefully he puts on a good show at the Gold Cup and attracts some attention from bigger clubs/ leagues.

Borjan has solidified his number 1 spot. He has been absolutely on fire in Serbia helping his team move from last place to mid table. Hopefully he puts on a good show at the Gold Cup and attracts some attention from bigger clubs/ leagues.

Would be cool if a Liga MX team picked him up (or an MLS team of course)

Yeah de Jong is day-to-day with some kind of strain. Hamstring maybe?

The Province says Sam injured his knee going up for a header and the he'll likely "be out for a while." Robinson is quoted as saying "Sam doesn't look good right now."

If Akindele accepts the call then I imagine our attacking players are going to be Larin, Haber, Akindele and Ricketts with REB as a maybe

In Midfield I doubt that Johnson gets called up since he hasn't played first team minutes since his injury.  So we're probably looking at Hutchinson, De Guzman, Osorio, Teibert, Ledgerwood, Piette and Bekker

This could be the best team we've called up in a number of years with all our key players except Henry and Johnson healthy to play.

If Akindele accepts the call then I imagine our attacking players are going to be Larin, Haber, Akindele and Ricketts with REB as a maybe

In Midfield I doubt that Johnson gets called up since he hasn't played first team minutes since his injury.  So we're probably looking at Hutchinson, De Guzman, Osorio, Teibert, Ledgerwood, Piette and Bekker

This could be the best team we've called up in a number of years with all our key players except Henry and Johnson healthy to play.

If Bekker gets called I hope he doesn't play. Doesn't play much for Dallas and when he does he's garbage.

What,specifically has Osorio done outside of one remarkable season to suggest for even a second that he can be relied on to provide service to other players? From what I have seen that is not exactly his strength.

The kid has ONE, read it ONE remarkable season and he gets a free pass for life? He's ok, not great. Definitely has a nice touch, and dribbling ability, but he relies on other players to make the big plays.

Despite what some of you on here choose not to accept, service is more of Bekker's department. And I seem to recall some on here saying Morgan was crap a year ago when he couldn't get a game for TFC. De Jong was so much better, even Adekugbe. And now where are those two?

So cut Bekker some slack. He tends to play well for Canada. So did Gerba. Yet nobody on here had any trouble with him playing for CMNT, even when he hadn't played a club game in two years. Double standards people.

Wingback you are calling out how Osorio has had one remarkable season, when he's only had 2 seasons... and honestly I thought he was better in 2014 than 2013 despite numbers.  

Osorio's strength is his distribution.. look at Defoe's first goal last season where he served it up or Altidore's goal last weekend.  

Archived