What can we as supporters do to make the Voyageurs Cup better?

Grande I get where you're going with this, and really all that needs to happen with your competition format is to include the top tier leagues from each province to determine provincial champions. It gets a bit tricky because we already have the Challenge Cup that pits these provincial champions against one another. 

• 1 month later...

Here is a literal idea, give it a bigger base? All great Canadian trophies are monstrous in size, case and point

I also believe that is the older version of the Grey Cup, I believe they extended the base in 2013 as they had run out of room.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always include a reference (multiple references, if possible) to the Voyageurs Cup whenever possible on MLSsoccer.com.

Smart man.  Also I like the idea about putting rings on the trophy.. I guess that is a Canadian thing to make the trophy massive.  

And like many people on this forum already suggested, it needs more teams so minnows have a chance to knock off giants - this is what these cups are about.

Also I wouldn't underestimate the strength of word of mouth.  Like social media is good, watching, going to games, etc etc.  But just talking about it, without actively selling it to people does even more(I think) than social media.  If you have eurosnobs in your area who still aren't sold on the north american game, listen to and follow european soccer a bit, and just ask them if they've heard of the Voyageurs cup, and just generally be the nicest guy you can(don't argue about our league being better - we know its not).  Remember, the meek will inherit the earth.  Talk about it, but don't be annoying or pushy.  You're allowed to be excited about Canadian Soccer.   I'm so fed up with this bullshit inferiority complex.  There are nearly FIVE TIMES as many registered soccer players in Canada as registered Hockey players.  It's time we puff out our chests and be proud of our game.  Soccer competes with the whole world in the balance of power.  Football and Hockey only compete with our loudmouth downstair neighbours.  

Seriously just be proud of Canadian soccer.   Sorry if I lost it a little bit, but I'm tired as !@#$ of being talked down to because I play soccer and Love the beautiful game.  Soccer fans are a divided lot.  Come Together and be proud.

Archived