Sign in to follow this  
Vince193

Chaim Roserie

1 hour ago, Sigma78 said:

He has been called up to the St Lucia squad for their Nation League matches vs El Salvador and Montserrat.

https://thevoiceslu.com/2019/08/team-saint-lucia-prepares-for-concacaf-nations/

That is great, after him insulting Canada and saying he preferred to play for the States. I see he was released by his Spanish team La Nucia this summer.

Two tidbits in that article. One is that his parents own Ideal Bakery in Santa Lucia. It is the renowned rival bakery to Phillips Bakery on St. Vincent.  I know more about Caribbean bakeries from this board than I do about anything else.

Another is that they name another Canadian-Santa Lucia dual citizen, Sherwin Emmanuel, who I have never heard mentioned on these boards, played in Australia, in Sweden. How could we have missed him?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Dual citizen, Sherwin Emmanuel, who I have never heard mentioned on these boards, played in Australia, in Sweden. How could we have missed him?

Wow he's never been mentioned (as in his own thread). I know him from playing with him a few times whenever he's been here. He's been good - nothing special personal opinion. 

He's one of those dedicated nomad Canadian players who play any and everywhere they can. He's friends with Jordan Webb(Singapore league all star), Ryan Fante(playing in Mongolia) , Adrian Butters(CPL tryout finalist) , and Anthony Bahadur (former Edmonton player, he finessed his way to that team lol). I appreciate the drive/passion of these guys to play "professional", cause at some point you need to make real money. 

44 minutes ago, Shway said:

Wow he's never been mentioned (as in his own thread). I know him from playing with him a few times whenever he's been here. He's been good - nothing special personal opinion. 

He's one of those dedicated nomad Canadian players who play any and everywhere they can. He's friends with Jordan Webb(Singapore league all star), Ryan Fante(playing in Mongolia) , Adrian Butters(CPL tryout finalist) , and Anthony Bahadur (former Edmonton player, he finessed his way to that team lol). I appreciate the drive/passion of these guys to play "professional", cause at some point you need to make real money. 

It never occurred to me before that so many of these guys could be friends. I wonder if they have shared the same agent at some point?

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Another is that they name another Canadian-Santa Lucia dual citizen, Sherwin Emmanuel, who I have never heard mentioned on these boards, played in Australia, in Sweden. How could we have missed him?

He's been tracked on the Canucks Abroad page, just never played at a high enough level in Sweden or Australia to warrant a mention on here.

5 hours ago, nolando said:

It never occurred to me before that so many of these guys could be friends. I wonder if they have shared the same agent at some point?

How did Anthony Badhur finesse his way to FC edmonton?! Just curious 

10 hours ago, Shway said:

Those teams he played for in Adelaide will be a long way from being professional. He might have made A$5-10k per season, if he was VERY lucky. Probably much less.

5 hours ago, yothat2 said:

How did Anthony Badhur finesse his way to FC edmonton?! Just curious 

Anthony Bahadur*.  He is a finesse pro.

He also was played in Singapore alongside Murphy Wiredo before Jordan Webb moved over there.

Edited by Corazon

2 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Those teams he played for in Adelaide will be a long way from being professional. He might have made A$5-10k per season, if he was VERY lucky. Probably much less.

Yep, much less.

I'll be back in Melbourne in early October @SthMelbRed - fancy a beer?

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

Anthony Bahadur*.  He is a finesse pro.

He also was played in Singapore alongside Murphy Wiredo before Jordan Webb moved over there.

Trust me I know lol. I've known him since he played 2 years up on my brothers Unionville team when I was 6.

My dad recently seen him in the grocery store, and he said he was trialing with the Chicago Fire..... He told me that he said that and I was laughing. It's sad because I rate him as a player, he's just been notoriously known as a pathological liar - even in the world of Google. 

Although I admired the lying when I saw it got him signed to FCE, and they said he played for Macabi Haiffa 😂😂😂

Played 30 minutes against El Salvador and looks very far from the pro world..out of gas after a few minutes, very weak physically pushed around easily, not defending properly...

On 9/8/2019 at 5:19 PM, Kadenge said:

He will be if he goes to B2

Even if Elva is strong B3, I think that would warrant a look for Canada. Third Bundesliga is probably the best third tier in the world, and is higher than other sources of players we are using for the MNT.