Chaim Roserie

1 hour ago, Sigma78 said:

He has been called up to the St Lucia squad for their Nation League matches vs El Salvador and Montserrat.

https://thevoiceslu.com/2019/08/team-saint-lucia-prepares-for-concacaf-nations/

That is great, after him insulting Canada and saying he preferred to play for the States. I see he was released by his Spanish team La Nucia this summer.

Two tidbits in that article. One is that his parents own Ideal Bakery in Santa Lucia. It is the renowned rival bakery to Phillips Bakery on St. Vincent.  I know more about Caribbean bakeries from this board than I do about anything else.

Another is that they name another Canadian-Santa Lucia dual citizen, Sherwin Emmanuel, who I have never heard mentioned on these boards, played in Australia, in Sweden. How could we have missed him?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Dual citizen, Sherwin Emmanuel, who I have never heard mentioned on these boards, played in Australia, in Sweden. How could we have missed him?

Wow he's never been mentioned (as in his own thread). I know him from playing with him a few times whenever he's been here. He's been good - nothing special personal opinion. 

He's one of those dedicated nomad Canadian players who play any and everywhere they can. He's friends with Jordan Webb(Singapore league all star), Ryan Fante(playing in Mongolia) , Adrian Butters(CPL tryout finalist) , and Anthony Bahadur (former Edmonton player, he finessed his way to that team lol). I appreciate the drive/passion of these guys to play "professional", cause at some point you need to make real money. 

44 minutes ago, Shway said:

Wow he's never been mentioned (as in his own thread). I know him from playing with him a few times whenever he's been here. He's been good - nothing special personal opinion. 

He's one of those dedicated nomad Canadian players who play any and everywhere they can. He's friends with Jordan Webb(Singapore league all star), Ryan Fante(playing in Mongolia) , Adrian Butters(CPL tryout finalist) , and Anthony Bahadur (former Edmonton player, he finessed his way to that team lol). I appreciate the drive/passion of these guys to play "professional", cause at some point you need to make real money. 

It never occurred to me before that so many of these guys could be friends. I wonder if they have shared the same agent at some point?

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Another is that they name another Canadian-Santa Lucia dual citizen, Sherwin Emmanuel, who I have never heard mentioned on these boards, played in Australia, in Sweden. How could we have missed him?

He's been tracked on the Canucks Abroad page, just never played at a high enough level in Sweden or Australia to warrant a mention on here.

10 hours ago, Shway said:

Those teams he played for in Adelaide will be a long way from being professional. He might have made A$5-10k per season, if he was VERY lucky. Probably much less.

5 hours ago, yothat2 said:

How did Anthony Badhur finesse his way to FC edmonton?! Just curious 

Anthony Bahadur*.  He is a finesse pro.

He also was played in Singapore alongside Murphy Wiredo before Jordan Webb moved over there.

Edited by Corazon

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

Anthony Bahadur*.  He is a finesse pro.

He also was played in Singapore alongside Murphy Wiredo before Jordan Webb moved over there.

Trust me I know lol. I've known him since he played 2 years up on my brothers Unionville team when I was 6.

My dad recently seen him in the grocery store, and he said he was trialing with the Chicago Fire..... He told me that he said that and I was laughing. It's sad because I rate him as a player, he's just been notoriously known as a pathological liar - even in the world of Google. 

Although I admired the lying when I saw it got him signed to FCE, and they said he played for Macabi Haiffa 😂😂😂

• 1 month later...

I just want to say. Whatever you guys are saying I’m fine with. It’s all your opinion and I’m cool with that. But if you got any questions for me or anyone else , ask ... the money I made is irrelevant to anyone and no one’s business. But clearly if I’m leaving Toronto to go all the way to Australia the money would have to be good. And I’m happy you guys are talking about football. But be positive about it, there’s to much negativity out there already.  I never asked to be a topic of discussion. But I’ll tell you guys this. I played for Canada at a youth level and never made the senior squad. I had the opportunity to go overseas  and I took it. It just so happen that my parents are from st.lucia and 4 years ago they asked me to play for them and now I am... so let me finish with this. If a Canadian kid that already is limited on going to Europe and play  because of our passport can go to another country, whether it’s in Asia , South America .. 5th div or 1st. Who’s cares, our players need exposure, we need to get out there and play against other players from different countries to get better. And who knows what possibilities that might bring to that person. So understand what I did and some of the players you guys are talking about, we only went to these countries all from a opportunity that we couldn’t get in Canada at that time. So don’t knock it. 

1 minute ago, Sherwin e said:

It just so happen that my parents are from st.lucia and 4 years ago they asked me to play for them and now I am... so let me finish with this. If a Canadian kid that already is limited on going to Europe and play  because of our passport can go to another country, whether it’s in Asia , South America .. 5th div or 1st. Who’s cares, our players need exposure, we need to get out there and play against other players from different countries to get better. And who knows what possibilities that might bring to that person. So understand what I did and some of the players you guys are talking about, we only went to these countries all from a opportunity that we couldn’t get in Canada at that time. So don’t knock it. 

I don't think too many people here would blame you for playing for St. Lucia. The vitriol is mostly saved for guys like Hargreaves and JDG2, but with the rise of the national team lately, I think the disdain for those guys is even starting to fade a bit

3 hours ago, Sherwin e said:

I just want to say. Whatever you guys are saying I’m fine with. It’s all your opinion and I’m cool with that. But if you got any questions for me or anyone else , ask ... the money I made is irrelevant to anyone and no one’s business. But clearly if I’m leaving Toronto to go all the way to Australia the money would have to be good. And I’m happy you guys are talking about football. But be positive about it, there’s to much negativity out there already.  I never asked to be a topic of discussion. But I’ll tell you guys this. I played for Canada at a youth level and never made the senior squad. I had the opportunity to go overseas  and I took it. It just so happen that my parents are from st.lucia and 4 years ago they asked me to play for them and now I am... so let me finish with this. If a Canadian kid that already is limited on going to Europe and play  because of our passport can go to another country, whether it’s in Asia , South America .. 5th div or 1st. Who’s cares, our players need exposure, we need to get out there and play against other players from different countries to get better. And who knows what possibilities that might bring to that person. So understand what I did and some of the players you guys are talking about, we only went to these countries all from a opportunity that we couldn’t get in Canada at that time. So don’t knock it. 

Chaim once made some negative comments about the Canadian program in the media, but that's all water under the bridge now. I hope you both do well with St. Lucia.

Do you know if St. Lucia has tried to get Cannigia Elva to join their program?

4 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

I don't think too many people here would blame you for playing for St. Lucia. The vitriol is mostly saved for guys like ********** and JDG2, but with the rise of the national team lately, I think the disdain for those guys is even starting to fade a bit

The best thing is the national team is growing. There’s so many youth players playing abroad when they should be home. I wanna see Canada turn into Germany one day, where our players don’t have to leave home to play over seas unless the opportunity is way better and our national team is a power house.

54 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Chaim once made some negative comments about the Canadian program in the media, but that's all water under the bridge now. I hope you both do well with St. Lucia.

Do you know if St. Lucia has tried to get Cannigia Elva to join their program?

Lol yea I can see him doing that. But he’s young, and also a great player that just needs some guidance and he’s learning and growing. So instead of bashing him, educate him, help him. 

And yea but I think he’s trying to hold out to play for Canada. And I hope it works out for him. 

1 hour ago, Sherwin e said:

Lol yea I can see him doing that. But he’s young, and also a great player that just needs some guidance and he’s learning and growing. So instead of bashing him, educate him, help him. 

And yea but I think he’s trying to hold out to play for Canada. And I hope it works out for him. 

Thanks Sherwin, great to have player's perspective.