Obinna

Atiba Hutchinson

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Looks like Hutch went 90 minutes today. Assuming he stays healthy, we will be fully match fit at the time of the November game in Orlando. Gives Herdman a nice sort of dilemma.  

If i'm being honest as much as I like Piette i'd rather see our CDMs be Atiba and Eustáquio 

Edited by JuicyHam

23 hours ago, JuicyHam said:

If i'm being honest as much as I like Piette i'd rather see our CDMs be Atiba and Eustáquio 

Cant see piette being dropped in november after the performance he put in last week. 

if eustaqiuo doesnt see first team minutes he doesnt start for me in orlando

Edited by king1010

2 hours ago, king1010 said:

Cant see piette being dropped in november after the performance he put in last week. 

if eustaqiuo doesnt see first team minutes he doesnt start for me in orlando

Maybe. But Hoilett was on the bench his first game after his hat trick against Cuba. And he was even the captain for that game.

11 hours ago, Kent said:

Maybe. But Hoilett was on the bench his first game after his hat trick against Cuba. And he was even the captain for that game.

Thats because we went from playing cuba to the US. There was a huge tactical shift from offensive to defensive and along with it came personnel change. We’re going from playing the US to.... playing the US. It’s one thing to put in a great performance against Cuba, its another to do it against the US, and we play them again in 4 weeks. 

Not to mention Hoilett is in our most crowded third in terms of player quality. 

Do you want to see Eustaquio and Hutch as starting mids in Orlando? 

Edited by king1010

19 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Thats because we went from playing cuba to the US. There was a huge tactical shift from offensive to defensive and along with it came personnel change. We’re going from playing the US to.... playing the US. It’s one thing to put in a great performance against Cuba, its another to do it against the US, and we play them again in 4 weeks. 

Not to mention Hoilett is in our most crowded third in terms of player quality. 

Do you want to see Eustaquio and Hutch as starting mids in Orlando? 

I am open to the idea. If those guys are playing for their clubs and doing well in training, I don’t see why not. Pieter doesn’t have any games between the two national team games. Fraser probably won’t play either. Osorio still has at least one game, but could be done after Wednesday. If those players aren’t as sharp and Hutch and Eustaquio are fitting well into the system Herdman wants in training, sure, put them in the game.

I could see a defensive pairing of Hutch and Piette with Kaye (assuming he is fit) either moved elsewhere or on the bench.  I have no baseline for Eustaquio, but the reality is that he isn't even cracking the 18 for his club, so I can see him getting into our team next month unless he is mindblowing in training.

10 minutes ago, Kent said:

I am open to the idea. If those guys are playing for their clubs and doing well in training, I don’t see why not. Pieter doesn’t have any games between the two national team games. Fraser probably won’t play either. Osorio still has at least one game, but could be done after Wednesday. If those players aren’t as sharp and Hutch and Eustaquio are fitting well into the system Herdman wants in training, sure, put them in the game.

We’ll have to agree to disagree on the mid choices for the game then. 

On 10/19/2019 at 7:24 PM, JuicyHam said:

Piette had a monster game, he needs to play. I don't get all the love for Eustaquio. Looks good on paper but no one has ever seen him play and he's coming off a major injury. Unless he gets some serious minutes for Cruz Azul between now and Nov 15th, I don't think he sees the field for CMNT. Hutch on the other hand...

42 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Piette had a monster game, he needs to play. I don't get all the love for Eustaquio. Looks good on paper but no one has ever seen him play and he's coming off a major injury. Unless he gets some serious minutes for Cruz Azul between now and Nov 15th, I don't think he sees the field for CMNT. Hutch on the other hand...

For reference, he was an unused sub yesterday for Besiktas in their Europa League game.  Not sure if that means anything - he went the full 90 for them on the weekend.  

I think it is just squad rotation/managing his minutes. 

Besiktas are having a dreadful campaign though. I think they are still in 12th in the league and are bottom of their EL group.

The have been in a slump for a long time now. Several of the players remain, but it feels like a shell of the team who won championships back-to-back in 2016,-17 and 2017-18 (I think I have those dates correct..).

2 hours ago, johnyb said:

Watched him plenty of times in Portugal.

Pre injury, he would've been the best mid in our team imo. He's not a "pitbull" like Piette, but the guy was very reliable. Good vision and passer. Calm with the ball. He was just a much better player all around than Piette. He's closer to Bradley style compared to Piette.

However, this is before the injury. A injury like the one he suffered may very well impact his performance from now on, I have no idea.

Piette had a good game. But he still showed worrying signs that I often see from him. He gets overaggressive and exposes the players behind him and still struggles with pacey/tricky players.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:50 PM, Colliedor said:

Watched him plenty of times in Portugal.

Pre injury, he would've been the best mid in our team imo. He's not a "pitbull" like Piette, but the guy was very reliable. Good vision and passer. Calm with the ball. He was just a much better player all around than Piette. He's closer to Bradley style compared to Piette.

However, this is before the injury. A injury like the one he suffered may very well impact his performance from now on, I have no idea.

Piette had a good game. But he still showed worrying signs that I often see from him. He gets overaggressive and exposes the players behind him and still struggles with pacey/tricky players.

Pre-injury, he was very impressive.  Think Michael Bradley but slightly less grit and a smaller engine but no brain farts and much better passing.

30 minutes ago, Snowcrash said:

Pre-injury, he was very impressive.  Think Michael Bradley but slightly less grit and a smaller engine but no brain farts and much better passing.

Yup, I think that's a fair way of saying it.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/12/28/canada-stalwart-besiktas-legend-atiba-hutchinson-scores-assists-three-goals

For some reason this was put on mls website. Not often a non-us/non-mls affiliated players gets any mention, but good for him.

Edited by Stryker911

Usually players don’t last this long at this club and Hutch has really endeared himself to the locals. There have been rumours of putting a statue of him in front of Vodafone Park once he retires and to celebrate the two championships he brought to Beşiktaş.  Fans I shared a döner with after the match were all for the club doing it.  People in Canada don’t know how much the man means to the massive fan base here.

I’ve been visiting Istanbul for the past week (and staying in Beşiktaş about a 7 min walk to the stadium).  As a shameless plug, for anyone who has never been here before, the city is amazingly chaotic but so much fun.  Would highly recommend as a vacation spot and try to take in a match-the noise is absolutely deafening.  I now even have an official Turkish football ID card (obligatory to attend a match here) and registered as a Beşiktaş supporter.

Edited by JamboAl