Jump to content
Obinna

Atiba Hutchinson

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

He's all but confirmed that the Gold Cup this summer will be where he calls of his international career 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/canadas-atiba-hutchinson-says-national-team-career-soon/

personally I think it's time for him to. He's 36yo; He said in the interview that it would be ideal to leave with Canada winning as they ask him about him no having success with the NT

We have plenty of High Quality in the Central Midfield! And as it looks keeping it a 3 right now 

Arfield, Osorio, Piette, Teibert, Kaye, Johnson and in the fall Eustaquio once he recovers from his injury. Plus Chapman and Wotherspoon too

So much depth! Don't remember CanMNT ever having this many options 

I hope he keeps playing for us into the Nations League.  Him leaving leaves a huge hole for us, even if he's 36 and we have depth we don't have anyone with nearly as much experience.  Atiba is easily one of the most experienced players in CONCACAF, we can't replace that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keegan said:I hope he keeps playing for us into the Nations League.  Him leaving leaves a huge hole for us, even if he's 36 and we have depth we don't have anyone with nearly as much experience.  Atiba is easily one of the most experienced players in CONCACAF, we can't replace that.  

Don't get me wrong, he's a legend and his experience/pedigree is second to none. Although I think that Piette (24) is more than ready and capable to step into that role as the starting CDM with Eustaquio (22) pushing, WJ is even sticking around considering his form with OSC. MAK is back from injury and emerging with LAFC

teibert and Osorio are very familiar with the NT by now. We do have the depth to replace him, considering Herdman will have to select 5/6 every selection means he'll actually have to leave some good players out of the 23 each time

We need to focus on guys that will be there for the Qualifiers so that they get all the exposure they need when the real tests come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be against Atiba retiring after the Gold Cup. With our midfield depth now would be the opportune time for a changing of the guard. Of course nobody has the experience that Atiba has but as others have mentioned, his replacements aren't fresh faced teenagers. 

Atiba will go down as one of, if not THE best national team player in Canadian history to date. We owe him so much for his contributions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did not play well in tonight's game vs Haiti but if he does chose to stop playing international football he should get a proper sendoff. I hope he gets called in either September or October (or both) for the CNL games. He needs 1 more cap to pass Stalteri and therefore be alone at 2nd place for Canada caps.

I'm not sure he will get 6 more caps and pass De Guzman...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was all class in that post match interview. So calm and looking for positives to take. Ice in his veins. Really feel for him. So crushed to see his jubilation when he thought he scored only to have it called back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, king1010 said:

He was all class in that post match interview. So calm and looking for positives to take. Ice in his veins. Really feel for him. So crushed to see his jubilation when he thought he scored only to have it called back. 

His eyes popped out the same way they did 12 years ago when he got called offside; at least this time it was the right call.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

He did not play well in tonight's game vs Haiti but if he does chose to stop playing international football he should get a proper sendoff. I hope he gets called in either September or October (or both) for the CNL games. He needs 1 more cap to pass Stalteri and therefore be alone at 2nd place for Canada caps.

I'm not sure he will get 6 more caps and pass De Guzman...

There's been a number of comments of how poor he was tonight and I'm rather mystified by that. What are you referring to? I thought he was very good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, rightback said:

There's been a number of comments of how poor he was tonight and I'm rather mystified by that. What are you referring to? I thought he was very good.

I wouldnt say he was poor but he wasnt great either. Couple give aways. Couple of wobbly passes. Didnt seem to be that calming influence or boss in the midfield we had been accustomed to in years past. So i think people hold him to that standard. Father time is undefeated and sadly i think he may be catching up to Hutch :(   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Looks like Hutch went 90 minutes today. Assuming he stays healthy, we will be fully match fit at the time of the November game in Orlando. Gives Herdman a nice sort of dilemma.  

If i'm being honest as much as I like Piette i'd rather see our CDMs be Atiba and Eustáquio 

Edited by JuicyHam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JuicyHam said:

If i'm being honest as much as I like Piette i'd rather see our CDMs be Atiba and Eustáquio 

Cant see piette being dropped in november after the performance he put in last week. 
 

if eustaqiuo doesnt see first team minutes he doesnt start for me in orlando

Edited by king1010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, king1010 said:

Cant see piette being dropped in november after the performance he put in last week. 
 

if eustaqiuo doesnt see first team minutes he doesnt start for me in orlando

Maybe. But Hoilett was on the bench his first game after his hat trick against Cuba. And he was even the captain for that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kent said:

Maybe. But Hoilett was on the bench his first game after his hat trick against Cuba. And he was even the captain for that game.

Thats because we went from playing cuba to the US. There was a huge tactical shift from offensive to defensive and along with it came personnel change. We’re going from playing the US to.... playing the US. It’s one thing to put in a great performance against Cuba, its another to do it against the US, and we play them again in 4 weeks. 
 

Not to mention Hoilett is in our most crowded third in terms of player quality. 
 

Do you want to see Eustaquio and Hutch as starting mids in Orlando? 

Edited by king1010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Thats because we went from playing cuba to the US. There was a huge tactical shift from offensive to defensive and along with it came personnel change. We’re going from playing the US to.... playing the US. It’s one thing to put in a great performance against Cuba, its another to do it against the US, and we play them again in 4 weeks. 
 

Not to mention Hoilett is in our most crowded third in terms of player quality. 
 

Do you want to see Eustaquio and Hutch as starting mids in Orlando? 

I am open to the idea. If those guys are playing for their clubs and doing well in training, I don’t see why not. Pieter doesn’t have any games between the two national team games. Fraser probably won’t play either. Osorio still has at least one game, but could be done after Wednesday. If those players aren’t as sharp and Hutch and Eustaquio are fitting well into the system Herdman wants in training, sure, put them in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could see a defensive pairing of Hutch and Piette with Kaye (assuming he is fit) either moved elsewhere or on the bench.  I have no baseline for Eustaquio, but the reality is that he isn't even cracking the 18 for his club, so I can see him getting into our team next month unless he is mindblowing in training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...