Atiba Hutchinson

Obinna

Can someone handicap this matchup for me? I don't really follow Euro club leagues. I see Bayern is absolutely dominating the Bundesliga, but I also see the #2 team in the league is Leipzig, which were in Besiktas' group and Besiktas beat them TWICE...

What are Besiktas' chances? I'm assuming they are underdogs, but by how much?

3 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Can someone handicap this matchup for me? I don't really follow Euro club leagues. I see Bayern is absolutely dominating the Bundesliga, but I also see the #2 team in the league is Leipzig, which were in Besiktas' group and Besiktas beat them TWICE...

Pretty hard to do - especially considering what can happen in home and away cup competitions.  Bayern have to be viewed as pretty strong favourites, but Besiktas would never have been predicted to top their group - yet they did.  Toss in the way some teams can elevate their game on big occasions, and I think handicapping it is pretty hard.  

Turkish teams are incredibly hard to beat at home. I'd imagine Besiktas get a draw. However, it will depend on whether they don't get blown out in 1st leg in Munich. And it is Bayern Munich they are playing against. Hard to get a result, or even a close score against Bayern in Munich.

Looks like the Impact is amongst MLS teams interested in Hutchinson.

To add to that (Starting at 3:36)

https://www.rds.ca/videos/soccer/impact/mls-l-impact-devoile-sa-liste-de-protection-3.1256796

Leduc mentions that Atiba is a pending free agent and could sign in MLS and that the Impact is still showing interest, he could still stay in Turkey. 

Edited by Blackdude

I want Atiba to keep playing  footy at the highest level, but if a move to the Impact ever did materialize it would be interesting to see how that kind of move would affect Piette.  Atiba could get pushed further forward, but the worst case scenario (from a CMNT perspective) would be to have Piette's role reduced as a result of a move for Atiba.  

2 hours ago, Blackdude said:

Looks like the Impact is amongst MLS teams interested in Hutchinson.

To add to that (Starting at 3:36)

https://www.rds.ca/videos/soccer/impact/mls-l-impact-devoile-sa-liste-de-protection-3.1256796

Leduc mentions that Atiba is a pending free agent and could sign in MLS and that the Impact is still showing interest, he could still stay in Turkey. 

Leduc says in the video that it's a 50/50 chance that he comes at the end of his contract this summer. Vancouver has made an offer in the past and Montreal has shown interest.

As an Impact fan I'd love to see him in a midfield 3 with Piette and Dzemaili.

2 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Ugh. Would a Toronto boy (well, Brampton) can stand wearing an IMFC jersey? lol

How much of a connection does he really have with TFC though. Also Toronto has Bradley playing in a similar role, can't see both of them at the club at the same time.

8 minutes ago, farrelld said:

Leduc says in the video that it's a 50/50 chance that he comes at the end of his contract this summer. Vancouver has made an offer in the past and Montreal has shown interest.

As an Impact fan I'd love to see him in a midfield 3 with Piette and Dzemaili.

How much of a connection does he really have with TFC though. Also Toronto has Bradley playing in a similar role, can't see both of them at the club at the same time.

I don't presume to speak for Atiba, but he was born and raised in Toronto area. Asking a Torontonian to wear a Montreal jersey, well, that's a tough sell. No offence, and I love Montreal the city and the people, but as a Torontonian, I'd die before I wear a jersey of a Montreal sports team. lol

As for where he'd fit in with IMFC, at 34, I dunno if Hutch can still play box to box role, which he'd most likely play for Mtl if Piette plays the destroyer DM role. 

As for Hutch having no connection to TFC, well, he's played at BMO Field before, and probably been to a few TFC games. Ask DeRo and JDG how much it means to play for TFC when TFC comes calling.

3 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Playing with Piette day in day out would be great for the MNT.

I guess my question was more about whether or not they would end up playing together day in day out.  Piette is a DM for the Impact, and it is a role Hutch has played (very well) for us.  And while he is amazing for his age, he will slow down as he gets older, and that suggests he may be more likely to also play that kind of DM role in MLS.

16 minutes ago, Yohan said:

I don't presume to speak for Atiba, but he was born and raised in Toronto area. Asking a Torontonian to wear a Montreal jersey, well, that's a tough sell. No offence, and I love Montreal the city and the people, but as a Torontonian, I'd die before I wear a jersey of a Montreal sports team. lol

As for where he'd fit in with IMFC, at 34, I dunno if Hutch can still play box to box role, which he'd most likely play for Mtl if Piette plays the destroyer DM role. 

As for Hutch having no connection to TFC, well, he's played at BMO Field before, and probably been to a few TFC games. Ask DeRo and JDG how much it means to play for TFC when TFC comes calling.

Atiba Bradley,Vazquez  in the midfield would be crazy lol

I think Atiba Hutchinson would  be complementary in style to Vazquez and Micheal Bradley cuz Atiba can cover ground, wins the ball back and rarely gives it away.

Edited by DannyFromToronto23

1 hour ago, Yohan said:

Pretty sure Ken Dryden did it with pride and loved it every time he beat the Leafs in Toronto.

6 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

538 has it 88% probability for Bayern to go through, their most lopsided matchup.

I've been trying to imagine ways that Besiktas might get past them. 

One could be that the German clubs have a winter break, but Champions used to start up earlier; by this point, late Feb, they will be back on form. 

The have way more experience in knock-outs and can handle the two legs more skillfully. 

They would be very unlikely to fail at home first leg. Even the best in Germany have problems keeping things close vs. Bayern in Munich. Basically a draw with goals would be the best situation reasonably imaginable. 

So for me it is all against Besiktas. Only thinking that they will be better rested not playing midweek, the squad should be fresh. And we may expect a few winter signings, if they are really thinking it is worth it to go for the league again and get past Bayern.