Ayo Akinola

masster

38 minutes ago, rkomar said:

Wouldn't it be prudent for TFC to wait to see how well he recovers before negotiating?

Not to mention every MLS club has a handful of players who fall out of contract at the end of the season and ultimately end up re-signing. Sometimes it's the club playing hardball, sometimes it's the player/agent doing the same and/or testing the waters elsewhere.

48 minutes ago, rkomar said:

Wouldn't it be prudent for TFC to wait to see how well he recovers before negotiating?

If they're putting off negotiating because they're looking after their own self-interests, then you can hardly blame the player for having a look at what else is out there, ie looking after his own self-interest.

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

I see that Veth has taken the "Dr." out of his twitter name.

I don't think we'll see a deal with Cavallini in exchange.  I think Cavallin is probably going back Mexico way.

What is the story behind this one? I know he rubs a lot of people the wrong way, but I don't recall all the reasons why 

27 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Toronto had until Nov 24 to make him a genuine offer, and if that was done they should have said it in their roster announcements just like other teams...otherwise they dont hold his mls rights anymore and he is going to the end of year waivers process

Tom Bogert reported TFC is negotiating with him. They didn't post a goodbye Ayo post like they did with their other players. Ayo didn't have a high salary and all they have to do is offer one of equal amount, so I'm pretty sure they would have. They probably just didn't bother saying they're in negotiations. It's not the first time a TFC press release has been lacking/incorrect. They announced Shaff as going to TFC2 for the entire season, when he went down for one game and was back with the first team within two days

18 hours ago, rydermike said:

Tom Bogert reported TFC is negotiating with him. They didn't post a goodbye Ayo post like they did with their other players. Ayo didn't have a high salary and all they have to do is offer one of equal amount, so I'm pretty sure they would have. They probably just didn't bother saying they're in negotiations. It's not the first time a TFC press release has been lacking/incorrect. They announced Shaff as going to TFC2 for the entire season, when he went down for one game and was back with the first team within two days

This is the most accurate.  I know we all love to speculate but TFC has shown they are more than willing to play this guy when he is healthy. He is one of the few academy grads who has been given opportunities in the past two years and shown he has quality.  Even if TFC is going after a new DP striker, they literally have no one else so it's not like he is competing with a bunch of talented strikers.

As @rydermikestated above, they posted their thanks and goodbyes to the players that they have no intention of bringing back.  In the coming months you will see some posts for more goodbyes to those that are unable to come to terms and then there will be posts about the players who were able to negotiate contracts with TFC.

Do we honestly think that Toronto FC is going to thank players like Kevin Silva and Rocco Romeo for their services and contributions to the club but not Fraser & Akinola?

It doesn't mean that those players are surely staying but it likely means that they are in contract negotiations for various reasons such as salary, options overseas, etc.

Edited by Corazon

53 minutes ago, Kent said:

It's not a slime ball move for an out of contract player to sign a contract. If Ayo and TFC can't come to terms for whatever reason, he can go to a team that he IS able to come to terms with.

i also said if everything is equal and he walks its a slime ball move .if tfc offered a contract which they probs did,van would have to make a deal with tfc.i dont understand why he wouldnt try europe,did all of those offers dry up,he seems kinda injury prone

9 hours ago, reggietfc said:

i also said if everything is equal and he walks its a slime ball move .if tfc offered a contract which they probs did,van would have to make a deal with tfc.i dont understand why he wouldnt try europe,did all of those offers dry up,he seems kinda injury prone

I would think offers from Europe have dried up because of the injury, he will have to play and prove he has recovered, probably with TFC.

12 hours ago, reggietfc said:

2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I would think offers from Europe have dried up because of the injury, he will have to play and prove he has recovered, probably with TFC.

I think he's been a free agent for less than a week.  I don't think the offers have "dried up", I think he's just taking his time to explore options. He could still decide that TFC is his best option, and it's not a poor one.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

#TFCLive is close to signing Ayo Akinola to a new deal. #MLS

now back to regular tfc bashing programing😀

You take this very personally.  Are you Bill Manning's son? Markey Delgados long lost twin??  😉 Seriously though, does Buffery have the inside scoop..ie do you think this is reliable??  It would be nice to see, even if they do end up transfering him later on.  

4 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

You take this very personally.  Are you Bill Manning's son? Markey Delgados long lost twin??  😉 Seriously though, does Buffery have the inside scoop..ie do you think this is reliable??  It would be nice to see, even if they do end up transfering him later on.  

Yeah this would be reliable

2 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

im kidding around,i jus support my local team,he does have convos with the FO,he had quotes from manning last week , manning said he had meetings with ayo this week.not a fan of delgado btw.