Ayo Akinola

masster

Yes we can’t discount having Kakà surely played a role in Larin’s incredible scoring rate at that young age in the MLS ,  but I think that was still very impressive what he did and for me it showed that the talent was there to score goals . I’m not that surprised that he has regained that scoring touch .

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/africa/56373222

not sure - this report seems to imply that the BBC confirmed it. “the BBC understands there has already been an approach from one of the big six Premier League”.

Larin showed good in the box scoring and poaching ability his first few years in Orlando for sure. But those Orlando teams were awful and Kaka was the main driver of any of their success. Larin has put in a lot of work the last few years and his other skills have clearly developed quite a bit seeing his success at Besiktas this year but he was quite raw as a youngster and didn’t offer much outside of pure finishing ability.

Dike is on a different level IMO - I saw him play for Orlando multiple times and have seen a few of his Barnsley performances and I think he is much further ahead of Larin at the same age. Only time will tell though. 

I’ve seen Dike as well and there’s no doubt he’s a strong striker and a solid prospect. There’s no point in debating our evaluations but I will touch on the facts. Larin in his rookie season clocked in as one of the fastest players in the league, including on the ball. I believe only 2-3 of his goals were assisted by Kaka as well. Larin also scored with both feet, his chest, his head and from outside the box on multiple occasions. He was far from just an in the box finisher.

13 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

In fairness, we are the only ones dancing.  He hasn’t really done anything to prolong the drama. 

Well he is, according to JH, "in talks" with Ayo and was scheduled to attend camp poutine,  so one has to presume he has not made a final decision....besides, I hate dancing by myself  

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Dammit so we’ve officially lost Onduze, but I get it, man they’re going to be a dark horse contender today.

Odunze seems to be starting for Leicester's reserves lately. They have another keeper his age who was called up to the last England U18 camp for their birth year, so it speaks well of Odunze that he is starting over an England youth player. Probably a smart idea for the US to try to recruit him like this rather than carrying an old guy like Guzan. Odunze is probably the favorite to be Zack Steffen's replacement one day.

Like Musah, it appears Odunze's only ties to the US are birth there by chance then leaving at a very early age. It seems he still lives in Canada during the offseason.

2 hours ago, Canadian Chuck said:

Odunze seems to be starting for Leicester's reserves lately. They have another keeper his age who was called up to the last England U18 camp for their birth year, so it speaks well of Odunze that he is starting over an England youth player. Probably a smart idea for the US to try to recruit him like this rather than carrying an old guy like Guzan. Odunze is probably the favorite to be Zack Steffen's replacement one day.

Like Musah, it appears Odunze's only ties to the US are birth there by chance then leaving at a very early age. It seems he still lives in Canada during the offseason.

I am hoping that Dayne St. Clair is going to be the real deal and build on last season. Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Canadian Chuck said:

It really sucks to lose him due to that, same with Akinola if it happens. 

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

I am hoping that Dayne St. Clair is going to be the real deal and build on last season. Fingers crossed.

I’ve never been so optimistic in a player the way I am with St. Clair, I saw him play a lot last year with Minnesota. There were a few games that Minnesota had no business of winning where St.Clair was the reason for the win. That’s why it’s too bad he is not with the Olympic team what a difference he could have made . But anyways if he keeps playing like he did last season we will have one of the better keepers in CONCACAF for a long time .

5 hours ago, Canadian Chuck said:

Begovic, Bounou, now maybe Odunze. We're becoming a goalie factory for other countries!

Idk how the US keeps getting good dual nationals with little connection to them, it's not like these guys have no chance of making the team of the country they grew up in. But no, let's go with the country that loves murdering civilians in wars! (sorry for getting political, I was just reading about the shit the US did in 'Nam and other wars since they love war and now I dislike them even more!)

11 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Begovic, Bounou, now maybe Odunze. We're becoming a goalie factory for other countries!

Idk how the US keeps getting good dual nationals with little connection to them, it's not like these guys have no chance of making the team of the country they grew up in. But no, let's go with the country that loves murdering civilians in wars! (sorry for getting political, I was just reading about the shit the US did in 'Nam and other wars since they love war and now I dislike them even more!)

Fernandes....

26 minutes ago, Bdog said:

Onduze, Dest and Akinola were all overlooked (by one country) or recruited to youth camps by the USA.

Dest is American because they gave him a shot, same deal with Akinola.

3 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

It really sucks to lose him due to that, same with Akinola if it happens. 

We simply didn't have a chance iirc? Circumstances transpired against us. He went to a Canada U15 camp or similar but his paperwork for Canada eligibility didn't come through in time then Caps sold him. I think there was noise that he would at least consider us but I don't think it was really our fault we lost him.

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

We simply didn't have a chance iirc? Circumstances transpired against us. He went to a Canada U15 camp or similar but his paperwork for Canada eligibility didn't come through in time then Caps sold him. I think there was noise that he would at least consider us but I don't think it was really our fault we lost him.

I believe yes Onduze’s papers just didn’t happen and the US took advantage, he’s a Canadian now but never really showed for us. Can play for England and Nigeria also amongst others.