Ayo Akinola

masster

1 minute ago, Macksam said:

Nah B, you need to start saying things that have merit and substance, something your posts currently lack.

Nah friend, i think you just need to stop searching for low hanging fruit and put more effort into assimilating info (context is your friend)

16 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Great goal, but the first thing I thought was no way it would stand in CONCACAF - the defender would be rolling on the ground and ref would call a foul.

That was first thought, it would be called a foul by any central american ref in Concacaf and any qualifying match played south of the US with a full stadium. 

Well if we had an American ref named Nima Saghafi for a Concacaf match it may stand

21 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Great goal, but the first thing I thought was no way it would stand in CONCACAF - the defender would be rolling on the ground and ref would call a foul.

6 hours ago, Obinna said:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/10/07/report-us-mens-national-team-eyes-november-friendlies-europe-based-camp

It is probably going to be a Euro heavy squad, but I hope we do not see a repeat of what we just saw with Yankov.

Almost a given imo. He is hot right now, everyone, including Berhalter is aware we are sniffing around thanks to the Wheeler video. They will want to integrate him and nip that in the bud asap. If the CSA had any interest in setting up a camp or friendly (which wont happen because they wont spend money) we would be doing the exact same thing. 

55 minutes ago, Shway said:

It was absolutely a foul. How it wasn’t is beyond me. You can’t shoulder a player from behind,  

anyways another game winner for Ayo, and 3 pts for TFC.

He didn't shoulder him from behind, watch the replay, the NE player had the same intention, he even stretched his arm out and tried to shove Ayo away from the ball (before going in with his own body weight) only to be outmuscled (he didn't even attempt to complain to the ref since he knows he bit off more than he could chew)

It's very important we get this guy in the CMNT program.  He's the most important recruit out there. 

It's so hard to find players like him.  I wish there was a way of doing a coordinated twitter campaign / lobby to recruit Akinola.

Set a date where we flood the guys twitter feed!

32 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

It's a good idea but I think it's a lost cause. Even if he grew up and lives here in Canada I have a feeling that he going to stick with the US program. I hope I'm wrong though.

Agree, he is well embedded in the US system, we don't play many matches, the US will be pumping him up big time, no way he plays for us IMHO! I can't get excited for this reason and I think there was definitely a foul on the goal btw, it wasn't just a shoulder to shoulder challenge, he used his arm to push off!

3 hours ago, gator said:

Agree, he is well embedded in the US system, we don't play many matches, the US will be pumping him up big time, no way he plays for us IMHO! I can't get excited for this reason and I think there was definitely a foul on the goal btw, it wasn't just a shoulder to shoulder challenge, he used his arm to push off!

There's a video from a closer perspective on the MLS website, both players went for it, one just happened to not be strong enough for it.

Farrell wasn't even complaining. While I understand why one may think that may be foul, I don't think there are any good arguments for it to be a foul.

More to the point, Farrell is one of the strongest players in the league. To be able to (legally :P) shuck him like that is very impressive.

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Very nice mix of pace and power. His finishing has been quite good this year too. Not much hold up play (although in fairness he isn’t asked to do much of that). He could easily develop into a better version of Larin in a few years.

Strong disagree, his hold up play is one the areas where he has improved on massively this year. 

Edited by LeoH037
typo