Jump to content

Recommended Posts

52 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

Lille just broke their transfer fee for David, who happens to be the same age as Weah, yet has already proven himself in an European League (best player on a good Gent team) and Europa League. Also, by the sounds of it, David will be the focal point on which Lille will be built around.. damn right he is stealing and running away with the spotlight haha. Its amazing really, 2 years ago David was still playing amateur soccer in Ottawa, and Weah was with PSG's academy (even had a few apps with the senior team), yet in that time David has seemingly made the better career decisions and its night and day where the the two of them are now.

David’s story is really encouraging for any kid who didn’t make the top team or who got cut after a tough tryout. I know he has been part of our youth setup for a bit, but the fact that he wasn’t playing pro until 2 years ago should be huge encouragement for kids who still have a dream despite a few setbacks.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who's on their high horse??  If you choose to help anther nation, bring glory to their program, win trophies for them etc I think that does say something about how much or what kind of CDN you are.  I

He probably also get nailed to the bench once Altidore returns too. I can't wait until TFC loses its American influence. I've had season tickets since season 1 and I'm tired of being Team America

If he doesn't play for us, I sort of hope he does.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Weah is an excellent prospect and has looked good when he’s played but has been constantly injured. I don’t see the need to put him down to pump JD up.

Because of comments like this:

“When has that ever been the case? Weah’s been injured and I’d argue that he’s more technically gifted than David.”

In all seriousness though, I do not wish to put Timothy Weah down. I just enjoy taking digs at US soccer (well actually, what I enjoy is taking digs at their fans when they take things too far).

The more players doing well from concacaf, the better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Because of comments like this:

“When has that ever been the case? Weah’s been injured and I’d argue that he’s more technically gifted than David.”

In all seriousness though, I do not wish to put Timothy Weah down. I just enjoy taking digs at US soccer (well actually, what I enjoy is taking digs at their fans when they take things too far).

The more players doing well from concacaf, the better. 

Americans must bring up the fact that he was born there every time he’s mentioned. 

We need to start bringing up how Landon Donovan “almost” played for Canada since he was eligible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, canadianbacons said:

Apparently Ayo will be available for selection in tonight's game, hopefully he starts or gets a good run off the bench. TFC's attack was pitiful in their last game without him or Jozy up top. 

Although I agree, it's a weird statement to say. Especially when they pretty much dominated the entire game - creating a lot more chances than Montreal. Maybe that's a testament to the entire quality of the Impact. 

Like someone said before, these games TFC are playing against the Caps, and Impact are borrring. Borderline TFC training matches. 

I just hope I see guys like Akinola, Nelson, Okello, and Fraser more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shway said:

Although I agree, it's a weird statement to say. Especially when they pretty much dominated the entire game - creating a lot more chances than Montreal. Maybe that's a testament to the entire quality of the Impact. 

Like someone said before, these games TFC are playing against the Caps, and Impact are borrring. Borderline TFC training matches. 

I just hope I see guys like Akinola, Nelson, Okello, and Fraser more.

I don't know about that. Tfc had loads of possession, but man did we create very little with it. It's been a bad habit with this team lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Colliedor said:

I don't know about that. Tfc had loads of possession, but man did we create very little with it. It's been a bad habit with this team lately.

When I said pitiful in attack I meant they were pitiful finishing chances. They had plenty of possession and chances generated but not much to show for it. They were lucky to get a goal, and it was essentially gifted to them.

Would like to see Ayo pick up where he left off against the Impact in July.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Came on yesterday and was the difference for TFCs attack. Man is he making me question Jozys future.

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2020-09-19-dc-united-vs-toronto-fc/details/video/239248

If he’s on board, he’s becoming the number 3 option imo. I do wonder how a guy like Theo Bair would look in TFCs team.

Edited by Shway
love not love*
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gator said:

I'm still having a hard time getting excited about this guy, my gut feeling is he is too entrenched in the US program and he won't choose us at this point!

I think he will choose Canada because he is from the Toronto area, ya he was born in the US but since before he could walk , he grew up   playing soccer in the Toronto area. He is now playing pro soccer for his home town team where he spent a good portion of his youth soccer playing days with their academy. Yes he played for the US youth national teams but like some have mentioned I think he chose the US youth teams more for the fact they were playing so much more and making a lot more Youth World Cups at the time. In the end he has always been here in Canada all his soccer playing life and still is here in his own backyard playing pro soccer , this I think will play a big part in him choosing Canada in the end.

Edited by SoccMan
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

7 goals so far this MLS season, and on limited minutes ... 20 years old... tell me again how he would at best be just a "depth" addition to the CMNT, specially with the busy international game schedule coming next year

And rumor is he is in fact seriously considering a switch over to Canada

Edited by LeoH037
typo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Compare the two countries right now, not just from a soccer perspective but from a global and international perspective.

Will be interesting, what he decides. For me it's a no-brainer but I'm biased :).

I hope he picks the country he identifies himself the most with and for the right reasons. 

I hope he accepts our call, when called upon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LeoH037 said:

7 goals so far this MLS season, and on limited minutes ... 20 years old... tell me again how he would at best be just a "depth" addition to the CMNT, specially with the busy international game schedule coming next year

And rumor is he is in fact seriously considering a switch over to Canada

He would probably be 3rd or 4th on the Striker depth chart for Canada.  For a 20 year old that’s really good.  He could be a major part of the future.  
 

I’ve been really impressed by Akinola this year.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...