Ayo Akinola

masster

This belongs in this forum because it’s a discussion worth having relevant to our MNT and options.  No need to be insecure and banish this thread to another forum - ultimately he’s going to play for us or look like a fool and we can refer to this thread for the next one. 

I’m honestly half hoping he does play for them so we can make an example of him for a bigger fish. 

Edited by Keegan

By the way, for those who think Akinola will help Canada in any significant way, the US forum posters aren't too crazy about how Akinola played:

I think Akinola’s on the roster because he’s one of two who can play CF, but does it matter if Brewer is better? Neither are that good. I think we have many better options than both, but that’s besides the point.

For the not so great, Akinola didn't bring much to the table. He lost the ball too much on the wing, didn't create much that I recall and that wing spot would have been used much better to start Llanez. Akinola was OK in the middle with the nice goal, but not much else.

I didn't watch the whole game (was working) but every time I looked at my feed Akinola was missing the correct pass. Sure, he did better as a CF but look at the opponent. I hope we get a better CF in the later rounds.

Akinola was painful to watch until he was moved to CF. He is not a winger, and I think that experiment needs to end. Akinola is good at two things. He's fast, and he's good at finding the ball in the box. He needs to play CF, run the channels to keep the CB's honest, but then get in the box, and find the ball. If you ask him to do anything else, you are hurting your team.

He looked okay the few times I saw him with the TFC first team, but that could be a testament to the players around him.

And he did have a decent strike rate in the USL for an 18 year old.

Either way, it's normal for young players to be inconsistent. It comes with the territory. 

As for him playing for Canada? Well, he's got a lot of players in front of him, so I agree it's nothing to get bent out of shape about watching him play for the USA right now. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

Sigh... Thought there was something new on him.  

Does anyone know how to ignore on mobile? First time im doing this. 

52 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Ditto. I'd like to know this as well. Please leave info here or feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Icon top right, go to accounts, go to ignored users, and simply add user to ignore.

With just those few simple steps you can make this forum  great again.

On 12/15/2018 at 11:33 AM, PhillyJawn-guy said:

As an American let's make a deal:

When (not if) Canada qualifies for 2022 WC and the US doesn't, then call Akinola up and get him to file a switch. We just need more proof that from this cycle and forward Canada is indeed superior to the US.

Delusional lol

On 12/15/2018 at 8:33 AM, PhillyJawn-guy said:

As an American let's make a deal:

When (not if) Canada qualifies for 2022 WC and the US doesn't, then call Akinola up and get him to file a switch. We just need more proof that from this cycle and forward Canada is indeed superior to the US.

And if Canada loses their next match against the USA or they win the Gold cup you have to stop posting this shit

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

During the national anthems he had his hand on his heart during the US anthem but not the Canadian one, making me think he isn't switching anytime soon

This is why I can't get too excited about him as a CMNT fan, his 1st goal will put him ahead of Hamilton on Vanney's depth chart!