• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MAK was sold for 35k as a comparison.

Goal to beat Pittsburgh in the 96th minute.  I'm fairly sure this is his 6th game in a row scoring.  What a strike, but the moves leading up were pretty too and I saw a lot of that from him earlier in

For the sake of Tyler's bank account, is anyone in the MLS watching?

Broken record...Pasher scores again for Indy against SKC tonight, whats that 5 games in a row?  He was all over the highlights making runs down the left side, got robbed by the young SKC keeper.  Ouimette and haworth also start for Indy.  

Ooops, missed Pasher making the team of the week, prob be in nexts weeks too if this keeps up.  

Edited by Bison44
4 hours ago, canadianbacons said:

He is producing good performances consistently. It's a shame there isn't a team in MLS that could use him in a backup role.

He was a back-up at Sporting KC. I can imagine him wanting to play every week. You're right though, as an attacker, he really seems to have a knack for goals. Intriguing player. 

3 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Its a funny meme, but I would rather Herdman call up guys from CPL rather than USL even if the USL guys may be better. Makes more sense to raise the talent level of CPL than give a couple of caps to USL players imho

I'd rather Herdman call up the best players regardless of league. It's not his job to pump up the CPL, it's his job to get the most out of the MNT.

1 hour ago, RS said:

I'd rather Herdman call up the best players regardless of league. It's not his job to pump up the CPL, it's his job to get the most out of the MNT.

If CPL gets pumped up, it will make his job easier. I highly doubt there are any USL players that are going to be difference makers when it comes time for World Cup Qualifying

1 hour ago, RS said:

I'm all for pumping the CPL but if someone is tearing it up...regardless of where it is he should get a look.  If USL wasnt around there would be probably 20 CDN and several CDN coaches looking for work.  And they cant all come to CPL....yet!  We cant afford not to acknowledge talent wherever it pops up.  All other things being equal, go with a CPL guy, but Pasher is really standing out.  Whether he could crack our lineup is questionable... but USL CPL talent levels are close enough, that a standout from either league warrants to closer look from Herdman.  

Pasher is 26 and a player having a good season (with so little soccer being played) is something worth talking about.   But with all the Covid uncertainty, quarentines etc...who knows what players will be available, I think we might see some weird stuff go on in the next rounds of games.  Who knows what players will get released to an away game in Mexico, and who knows which players might not want to go??  Its going to get weird!!  

3 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Pasher is 26 and a player having a good season (with so little soccer being played) is something worth talking about.   But with all the Covid uncertainty, quarentines etc...who knows what players will be available, I think we might see some weird stuff go on in the next rounds of games.  Who knows what players will get released to an away game in Mexico, and who knows which players might not want to go??  Its going to get weird!!  

Well if it comes down to us having to call USL level players vs Mexico, sounds like worst case scenario for us

3 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

If CPL gets pumped up, it will make his job easier. I highly doubt there are any USL players that are going to be difference makers when it comes time for World Cup Qualifying

That's not what you said, though. You said you'd "rather Herdman call up guys from CPL rather than USL even if the USL guys may be better," which doesn't make any sense in this context.

You're right that no one from USL is likely to be a difference maker during WCQ, but if Pasher is in better form than any CPL player then he should get top priority if Herdman calls anyone from that level (keeping positional needs in mind, of course).