Women's World Cup - Edmonton Games - Visitor Info

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In ESG we have about 4 drums in total. I know at least 3 of those will be there at the game.

sorry, what is ESG?

are they here on the forum, so I could get in touch with them? I only can drum at the second game in edmonton I guess. would be cool if we could make it work :-)

sorry, what is ESG?

are they here on the forum, so I could get in touch with them? I only can drum at the second game in edmonton I guess. would be cool if we could make it work :-)

ESG are the FC Edmonton supporters. And yes, some of us are on here ;)

For June 6th,

I'm travelling in from Calgary. If we were to go to the Whyte Ave Pint, is there parking availible? Our original plan was to go the ETS Park and Ride route however I'm flexible. I assume the bus is only from the Pint to Borden Park? We're planning on leaving Calgary quite early, but I don't know what kind of options we have considering we aren't actually sitting in FF.

^^^ There is parking available at the South Side Pint which is a block off Whyte Avenue. There is a large Impark lot right next to it with pay parking and you might be able to find free on street parking a few blocks away. On street parking right near Whyte will be metered parking on a Saturday and with the Pride Parade happening from 11 AM to 1 PM it's going to be busy in the area. You don't have to be sitting in FF to use the bus to Borden Park as the buses are being organized by the Pint and Edmonton Tourism, with some ESG/Voyageur input, so just show up at the Pint. There will also be buses from the stadium after the second game (NZL vs NED) that will go to the downtown Pint for those that want to chill there and/or get ready for the big after party at Knoxville's which is two blocks from the Pint.

BTW, for those that will already be in Edmonton for Friday June 5th, you may want to consider taking in some National Lacrosse League action. Game 2 of the all Canadian league final between the Edmonton Rush and the Toronto Rock goes at 7:30 PM at Rexall Place.

Just thought I'd mention that I contacted the Southside Pint and their liquor license does not allow for minors to be on the premises. So for any of you who want to bring your kids to The Pint you'll be out of luck.

I've been encouraging people that I know who are also bringing their kids to join us on the march, however. I hope that's an impressive start.

Well, it is the adult version of the pre game party so not totally surprising. Anyone who will have kids along should consider coming to the Whyte Avenue area and just choosing some other place near the Pint to have some lunch or tea and scones or whatever. There are tons of restaurants, coffee shops and everything else in that area. Then at the appropriate time, head over to the Pint and grab the bus to the march.

Just thought I'd mention that I contacted the Southside Pint and their liquor license does not allow for minors to be on the premises. So for any of you who want to bring your kids to The Pint you'll be out of luck.

I've been encouraging people that I know who are also bringing their kids to join us on the march, however. I hope that's an impressive start.

Kids can join the march to the match. The city of Edmonton released this yesterday and are inviting everyone to join in the march. http://edmonton.fwwc2015.ca/2015/05/27/join-team-canada-fan-march-june-6/ 

Archived